RIP Dave Brubeck

bugsnest

For some of us, the opening notes of "Blue Rondo A La Turk" may have marked the beginning of a complicated yet rewarding journey in the mystic world of Jazz. For me it was also the introduction to brilliant recordings on the Columbia label and then Blue Note and therein a long journey into collecting Jazz on vinyl!

Rest in Peace Mr Brubeck, your contribution to the genre will resonate for generations to come...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/a...-musician-dies-at-91.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Saw the news in yesterday's The Telegraph(3rd page). Though I'm not big fan of Jazz music but still I liked Mr. Brubeck's compositions. RIP a truly great musician of our time.

Bhaskar

Yes. we will miss a great musician. Take Five is one of my all time favorite. I took to jazz music after listening to Dave Brubeck.

Take Five made him a big star.

It was also played for a short while in the Hindi movie, Namastey London, featuring Akshay Kumar and Katrina.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back