Ripping from Image file

theaudioproject

Anyone know any tool for windows that can mount image file ?
I tried poweriso and also deamon tools . Both are mounting the image but drive is not showing in EAC.

I presume it's an image file of an audio cd ?

Then it should ideally be a set of 2 files, viz a small (few KB) .cue file + a large FLAC file ( approx 350 MB)

What do you want to do with the image file ?

Anyone know any tool for windows that can mount image file ?
I tried poweriso and also deamon tools . Both are mounting the image but drive is not showing in EAC.
The programs that you tried are sufficient for mounting the image and, mounting the image via other software is probably not going to be doing anything different.
I suspect that the drive not showing up in EAC is something to do with EAC and not the mounting of the drive since EAC is designed to read from physical CD drives and physical media.
But, why are you using EAC to extract tracks from a CD image? Like I said before, EAC is designed to extract bit perfect data from physical media. In your case, the data is already extracted albeit in the form of a CD image (if I understand/assumed correctly) so any other simple (compared to EAC) software is enough to extract tracks from the image. Did you try PowerISO for the track extraction? It does it too!

try Jriver, open iso in Jriver, select the songs & convert. Its very simple in Jriver.
Yes, that is why I have raised the queries in my post above ....

Is the Image a .iso file ? Of An SACD ? (JRiver is ideal)

a cue file of an audio CD ? (Medieval Cue File splitter freeware). Also handled seamlessly by JRiver

Awaiting a response from "theaudioproject"

Last edited:
The programs that you tried are sufficient for mounting the image and, mounting the image via other software is probably not going to be doing anything different.
I suspect that the drive not showing up in EAC is something to do with EAC and not the mounting of the drive since EAC is designed to read from physical CD drives and physical media.
But, why are you using EAC to extract tracks from a CD image? Like I said before, EAC is designed to extract bit perfect data from physical media. In your case, the data is already extracted albeit in the form of a CD image (if I understand/assumed correctly) so any other simple (compared to EAC) software is enough to extract tracks from the image. Did you try PowerISO for the track extraction? It does it too!
True true i just thought ripping using eac will give a better accurate rip even from iso . Thanks for the input. I did try poweriso but was sceptical about accuracy of rip compared to eac. But like you mentioned Not physical media just image so it wouldn't matter .

JRiver handles the following disk image file types:
*.iso *.img *.nrg *.mdx

Make sure you select the file type to be associated with JRiver when Installing the program.

Can also select at any other time by going into
Tools / Options / File Types / Data

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back