RME-ADI v2 or something else?

atharva

Hi all,

At the outset let me say that my exposure to DACs is limited. I used a DIY Subbu DAC and currently using a Topping D50 which gets the job done. I had tried the Metrum R2R Onyx and I couldn't tell any difference between the D50 so I didn't want to spend big bucks. That said, I miss a remote in the D50 to switch inputs and wanted volume control so it can directly feed the power amp. Also, just thought of having a respectable dac :). The RME looks to be popular and the INR price is around my budget at 1.08L. Monarchy NM24 would be interesting but it will be 1590 + shipping and duty and no remote.

I don't have any special requirements (or I'm not aware of), DSD seems to be pretty standard, MQA no. Balanced output not critical. Headphone amp not really needed but if it comes along I have no choice.

Thought to ask you gurus out here whether this is a good choice or is there anything else to consider in that price range.

Hi, I am in a same situation and confused of choosing between RME ADI V2 and Schiit Gumby for my second system. BTW RME is available in India but Gumby is out of stock as of now.

Hi,
I was on same boat few months back. I had shortlisted Chord Cutest & RME. You cannot go wrong with either of them, some people might prefer cutest over RME (based on sound quality/preference). I went ahead with RME & have been using for last few weeks. I certainly can see a huge difference in sound stage & you can literally separate the layers of musical instruments. One feature I really liked is loudness, which is superb while listening at low volume. The only flip side of RME of this beast is that there is learning curve required to understand all that it offers, if you want exploit it to its full potential.

Hi,
I was on same boat few months back. I had shortlisted Chord Cutest & RME. You cannot go wrong with either of them, some people might prefer cutest over RME (based on sound quality/preference). I went ahead with RME & have been using for last few weeks. I certainly can see a huge difference in sound stage & you can literally separate the layers of musical instruments. One feature I really liked is loudness, which is superb while listening at low volume. The only flip side of RME of this beast is that there is learning curve required to understand all that it offers, if you want exploit it to its full potential
Hi, would you like to share the site/shop from where you have purchased RME?

I purchased it from

you can also consider Ansata, they are official dealer of RME in India:

I have the rme from feb this year . It’s a fantastic all in one . The dac is detailed, headphone amp is very good , but what really sets it apart is its configurability..I use the rme as source to an integrated amp and a standalone headphone amp .. everything from the dbref , volume lock, dac filter , screen colour is set separately, I can toggle this with a single button on the remote ..if you have multiple headphones..the EQ will be a god send ..loudness feature finally does what it’s supposed to . i will stop here , needless to say this device is wasted if you dont have or anticipate audio needs like I have mentioned. As pure dac maybe there are better devices but as a super cool audio Swiss knife there is no alternative.

Back