RPi + Volumio as DLNA Server??

shyamv

Hi all,

I have a RPi3 with HifiBerry Digi+ HAT as SPDIF transport and I run Volumio on RPi which is connected to my NAD D7050 DAC. I have a USB drive with all my music connected to RPi.

I am able to get Volumio as a DLNA renderer. However, I would like to use RPi+Volumio as a local DLNA Server with my NAD7050 acting as DLNA renderer.

I would appreciate help from any of you who have setup a DLNA server on Volumio as documentation on this feature is quite limited.

Regards,
Shyam.

Try using mlniDLNA plugin. I can't check if it is it a native plugin or you have to SSH as I am not using Volumio now.

Here is the source.

You can scan Volumio community forums for install routine and any tweaks needed.... generally sudo update should work

Last edited:
I would like to use RPi+Volumio as a local DLNA Server

Fair warning: this is a headache at best, despite several options (Logitech media server, miniDLNA, minimserver, etc.)

Far easier to setup and administer a server on a pc/nas/router where even good ol' VLC - having no hi-fi credentials to speak of - is a breeze to manage.

If you're a tinkerer or an old hand, go for it - all the options are fairly similar to the extent that your choice will ultimately end up depending on personal preference/ux. If not, save yourself several hours in pursuit of pointlessness.

Try using mlniDLNA plugin. I can't check if it is it a native plugin or you have to SSH as I am not using Volumio now.

Here is the source.

You can scan Volumio community forums for install routine and any tweaks needed.... generally sudo update should work

Thanks. I had used miniDLNA on OSMC earlier. However, it does not seem to be available for install via plugin management on the UI. As you said, need to connect to Volumio via SSH, install and then update the conf file. Even the implementation seems to be buggy on Volumio based on several community posts. Anyway, Will give this a shot and report back.

Fair warning: this is a headache at best, despite several options (Logitech media server, miniDLNA, minimserver, etc.)

Far easier to setup and administer a server on a pc/nas/router where even good ol' VLC - having no hi-fi credentials to speak of - is a breeze to manage.

If you're a tinkerer or an old hand, go for it - all the options are fairly similar to the extent that your choice will ultimately end up depending on personal preference/ux. If not, save yourself several hours in pursuit of pointlessness.

Thanks for the warning! I am reading up a lot of community posts on this topic and you seem to be right. I am a tinkerer but this does seem to be a headache..Anyway, might give this a shot on a Sunday afternoon!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back