RS6 vs RS8

shyamal

Whats the view on a comparison between RS6 and RS8. One of my aquaintances is willing to swap his 3month old RS8 with my new RS6.

Would really apprecaite expert inputs on this :
1) Does it make sense ( i believe MRP of RS8 is about 25k more than RS6). But RS6 is rated 5* by whathifi vis a vis 4* for RS8.
I heard the RS8 at his place and couldnt make out much difference vis a vis RS6 except that the bass seemed a bit more powerful (My Rs6 sounds a bit shriller in comparison esp with movies)

2) I have a Denon 1909 (rated 90W per channel). Can it drive RS8 (power handling 175W RMS, rated Amp requirement is 40-175W)
Specification - RS8 | Monitor Audio

RS6 has power handling capacity of 120W RMS, rated Amp requirement is 40-120W
Specification - RS6 | Monitor Audio

Would be thankful for views from venkat sir and other senior members as I need to take a decision quickly

Thanks

Whats the view on a comparison between RS6 and RS8. One of my aquaintances is willing to swap his 3month old RS8 with my new RS6.

Would really apprecaite expert inputs on this :
1) Does it make sense ( i believe MRP of RS8 is about 25k more than RS6). But RS6 is rated 5* by whathifi vis a vis 4* for RS8.
I heard the RS8 at his place and couldnt make out much difference vis a vis RS6 except that the bass seemed a bit more powerful (My Rs6 sounds a bit shriller in comparison esp with movies)

2) I have a Denon 1909 (rated 90W per channel). Can it drive RS8 (power handling 175W RMS, rated Amp requirement is 40-175W)
Specification - RS8 | Monitor Audio

RS6 has power handling capacity of 120W RMS, rated Amp requirement is 40-120W
Specification - RS6 | Monitor Audio

Would be thankful for views from venkat sir and other senior members as I need to take a decision quickly

Thanks

MA also has launched new range.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/5264-ma-new-rx-series.html#post62606

well the reason why RS8 received 4 stars is because the bass extension is not as taut as RS6 may be coz of 3 driver as compare to 2 in RS6. however, it all come down to kind of music you listen to. I have RS8 and i am really happy with the performance so far. also, it goes lower then RS6 but with less transient response in comparison. which is why it received 4 stars.

hope it helps.

regards,

swatantra

Thanks buddy. Btw how much did u buy your RS8s for - also when did u buy them.

Also will Denon 1909 with 90w per channel be sufficient to drive the RS8s.
Cheers

hello mate,

I bought them a year back in Uk for 850 Pounds. I do not think your receiver will be enough to drive them at optimum level. I think you should look to add a intergrated to drive fronts only.

hope it helps.

swatantra

Thanks buddy. Btw how much did u buy your RS8s for - also when did u buy them.

Also will Denon 1909 with 90w per channel be sufficient to drive the RS8s.
Cheers

Dont want to spend any more on an Amp given that I recently bot a Denon 1909. So does that rule out RS8 completely., purely from the viewpoint of using the Deneon to drive the RS8s.

Remember reading somewhere that more important than Power ratings is the sensitivity. Any inputs on the technical aspects will be welcome
Thx

the senstivity of these speakers is around 90 at 8 ohms which makes it easier to drive but if you want full fledge sound they way it should be then i must say your receiver is underpowered. its like driving BMW with low quality fuel. the senstivity and ohms states whether they are drivable or not. i am not saying you can't drive them with your receiver. the equipments are always should be heavier and expensive then your speakers that's basically the rule of thumb for quality sound.

i hope it helps.

Dont want to spend any more on an Amp given that I recently bot a Denon 1909. So does that rule out RS8 completely., purely from the viewpoint of using the Deneon to drive the RS8s.

Remember reading somewhere that more important than Power ratings is the sensitivity. Any inputs on the technical aspects will be welcome
Thx

Back