SACD Transport.. Need help

Given the very high technical quality of the SACD format, I feel that SACDs really require Top Notch players / DAC to fully reveal their potential.

Sadly, most SACD players cost a few hundred dollars and their DACs are not capable of fully revealing SACD's potential.

An Exceptional (but expensive) SACD player that I loved was the dCS Puccini SACD player of several years ago. That m/c really leaped ahead while playing SACDs, compared to CDs on the same machine.dcs_puccini_player_cd_sacd_player.jpg

Unfortunately, I have not heard the later dCS machines playing SACD.

The Oppo universal players ( not heard their last model) were nice but still did not do full justice to the SACD format.

That is why, I have pursued playing SACD iso Rips via my DAC, with JRiver (running on Win10).

Incidentally, iso rips can very quickly be split into individual tracks (10 seconds per iso file) using Sonore's ISO2DSD freeware. It offers you a choice of DFF or DSF output files.

You need this to send an SACD signal to your DAC. This is the first one I have seen. You can send SACD Singhal from your SACD player via HDMI cable to this box and from here to your DAC. Your SACD player must have an HDMI output.
i have Oppo DVD, Blu-ray SACD players which have this HDMI out.

Attachments

• D19B1503-9D4B-4AF7-BF56-6F46AF083D5A.jpeg
    D19B1503-9D4B-4AF7-BF56-6F46AF083D5A.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 14
I don't know any SACD players that can output DSD digitally, as it is a copy right requirement. Some folks were using hacked sony play stations to rip SACD into DSD rips if I remeber right.

I have a esoteric SACD player, that will output normal CD's via digital out, but not

Attachments

• 6D27657D-A366-4ADF-AFB5-DC0ED539460D.jpeg
    6D27657D-A366-4ADF-AFB5-DC0ED539460D.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 9
You need this to send an SACD signal to your DAC. This is the first one I have seen. You can send SACD Singhal from your SACD player via HDMI cable to this box and from here to your DAC. Your SACD player must have an HDMI output.
i have Oppo DVD, Blu-ray SACD players which have this HDMI out.
There is some fine print for this unit....

The SACD is outputed to your DAC via SPDIF ......

Most DACs SPDIF will only support 24/96 max ... and not SACD's data rate which is approx equiv to 24/192

Does your DAC provide this ? I doubt it.

You can read a detailed review in Stereophile here.

The Copyright implications for this product (despite it not interfaceable with most DACs) is also questionable

This box is meant for newer DAC which will support 24/192 on SPDIF. My older Exa Sound DAC doesn’t support it. But newer DACs will. Otherwise why they will come out with such a product which people can’t use and who is going to buy.
yes I have already read the review that’s how I know about this product. Thanks anyways.

Providing the SACD output on SPDIF is an essential part of it not being illegal. That is why they have done it, despite its limited applicatiin to most.

Output on USB would enable the SACD bitstream to be directly recorded on a computer, violating copyrights.

Hence the company had little option.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back