sacds and dvd audio collection

maniac_2004

Hi guys,
was looking for good sacds / dvd audios to check out audio quality for these formats . Which are the ones to buy for starting off ? If i like them will be going in for more or will stick with the redbook format ..

Currently in US so looking for online or stores like frys.

Thnkx

my 2 cents...the best (and lazy) way to buy is online from sites like amazon.com, elusivedisc.com, etc. you could also check out ebay if you know which titles you need. best part of buying online is listening the samplers. you dont have to just buy blind based on others feedback.

as for suggestions, if you are into classical music I would recommend Mahler Symphony no. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" Gilbert Kaplan and Wiener Philharmoniker Hybrid SACD from Deutsche Grammophon. This disc convinced me of SACD's superiority over Redbook.
Frankly I couldn't hear any difference in my system. While I was out for a demo, I listened to this through an all Magnat gear, in a well treated room. it was a revelation indeed.

also check out some XRCDs from companies like FIM. XRCD recording, IMO, is as good as CD gets. but make sure you pick your desired genre of music. FIM content is not to everyone's taste.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back