Sale: NAD 412 AM/FM Stereo Tuner

I have been searching for a good tuner for over an year now. Found a good used Sansui analogue tuner sometime back but could not find anyone to align it. Lots of forum members gave me very good offers during my search which unluckily I could not opt for. I was hoping for the Sansui to work.

To make the long story short - there are many excellent tuners available with some of the forum members here. Open a 'wanted' thread and see the offers that pour in and then you can confidently buy one.

idea seems very good, shall probably do it next few days

Hi all,
saw a Yamaha tuner on olx asking for 4.5k. Seller claims its good condition. not sure how expert view Yamaha T-70.

would appreciate your comments on this model and some light of price being asked.

regards,
Kz

Hi all,
saw a Yamaha tuner on olx asking for 4.5k. Seller claims its good condition. not sure how expert view Yamaha T-70.

would appreciate your comments on this model and some light of price being asked.

regards,
Kz
Buy after listening to it. My last search for analogue tuner ended to one quikr ad. Tuner was advertized as flawless mint condition. I tested with small wire antenna and bought. AM did not work as Tube Lights and CFL were around while testing. At home I discovered tuner was playing only fm mono. I found alignment setting of IF coils out of tune. It took me another 3 months to study and tune it to place with minimum intervention. It worked AM and stereo FM after that.

Last edited:
Has any one compared the Norge tuner with these Hifi tuners ? kindly share the diffrences & Findings to enlighten us.

Regards,

Vipin.

IMO, from what I've experienced, NAD Tuners are by far the best. However I must say that I have experience mainly with the legendary 402 and its successor, the 412. The 4150 is part of the 1980s NAD brigade, kind off from a period when NAD moved from analogue to digital tuners. I assume, performance wise, they will be good but pricing is key here. Older NADs (with the exception of the 3020) command very low prices in the used market, basically as they are seen as evolutionary products (which led to the development of the better NAD products) rather than revolutionary products (like the 3020 and 402) that put NAD on the world map.

Out of curiosity... why the special mention? anything that we should be aware of?

Nothing to be alarmed of but one would be better off to do some due diligence and not to take any claims on face value, the way we do with other forum members.

Incidentally, I happened to buy a Cayin Integrated Tube amp from him in the past and speaking from my experience.

Nothing to be alarmed of but one would be better off to do some due diligence and not to take any claims on face value, the way we do with other forum members.

Incidentally, I happened to buy a Cayin Integrated Tube amp from him in the past and speaking from my experience.

I have heard some other story earlier abt the seller, but was not sure if i should mention.

I have heard some other story earlier abt the seller, but was not sure if i should mention.

I had posted about my experience in some other thread. I have nothing personal against him and hence no point in repeating. Though subtle, I think I've given clear enough hints which is purely make the fellow FMs aware on what to expect. After all, we are such a closed knit niche community; this is the least one can do to protect each other from the pitfalls of dealing with people of lesser scruples.

I had posted about my experience in some other thread. I have nothing personal against him and hence no point in repeating. Though subtle, I think I've given clear enough hints which is purely make the fellow FMs aware on what to expect. After all, we are such a closed knit niche community; this is the least one can do to protect each other from the pitfalls of dealing with people of lesser scruples.

I got an offer to buy the one mentioned in the advertisement in response to a wanted thread. I didnt buy mainly due to very high price as per my calculations.

Incidently the offer to sell and the mention of the above advertisement is from same forum member.

There is more history to this on another nad tuner, but dont want to dig up much.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back