Sale: NAD 412 AM/FM Stereo Tuner

Hi Record Player

i am interested in this tuner, not sure if i should persue this or not.

do you think the price is reasonable?

Hey Amit - From a tuner perspective, I think this is a fantastic tuner. I own one of these and its a fantastic natural sounding tuner. I've written a small review on my experience as well. Have a read.

Firstly I think you need to have a look at the Tuner and see how it performs. The seller has not put up the original picture. If its in decent condition I think the price sounds reasonable. Just my 2 cents on this.

I was fortunate to get a mint condition NAD 412 tuner. Just like new :).

I read your review earlier on this, that is why this interest.

i called the sellor, he dont know when he bought it and he is not the first owner.

i think it may not make sense to persue it further as i cannot see the tuner, making a blind purchase through olx might not be a good idea.

regards, Amit

Tuners in a way, are precision instruments and should be purchased with care. Tuners once repaired (unless by a qualified and experienced techie) would never be the same again. They will work ok with local stations but the calibration is something which is not easy to achieve (without proper test equipment). Its never easy even if you listen to it and inspect it in person. Knowing the owner always makes sense. Saying this, NAD tuners are the best I've heard, I own the 402 and have heard its newer sibling, the 412. Both are without doubt, miles ahead of their Japanese counterparts and are worth their weight in gold.

hi Reubensm,

wanted to check with you if you could help me by allocating your precious time to buy the one mentioned in the link provided by record player.

I think the advertisement is from your place.

Regards, Amit

Hi Reubensm,

thanks a lot for extending your help on this.

shall one us call the sellor and inform him that you will be contacting him by the weekend or we should just wait and call towards the week end only.

Regards, Amit

OT but very relevant.. :)

Dear Reuben,
Your willingness to help fellow music lovers and your sheer passion for this hobby never misses to impress me :)

I really wanted to take this opportunity and compliment you. Many times in this busy world we forget to stop by and thank people we admire. So, wanted to compliment you :)

You are such an asset to this forum! :)

(Its okay if you blush a bit.. :))

Kindest Regards!
Rohit

Last edited:
Its all about the enthusiasm. Our hobby is a unique one and very interesting, engaging and fulfilling. We are just following the footsteps of our father who would go out of his way to encourage anyone who was interested in 2-channel audio (mono hi-fi audio, before that). Just like repairing something successfully, its also very fulfillng to help anyone who is interested. That's all. Only wish there was more than 24 hours in a day :)

The deal did not come through, the seller was insisting earlier, to block the equipment and make an advance payment (this is risky as this is a committment to buy). Was informed today that he has sold the tuner to someone else. Really unfortunate. Typical approach from commercial sellers of pre-used equipment.

Hi Reuben

Anyway we wouldnt have done blind purchase. there is nothing unfortunate. let us think that it has happened for good.

once again thanks a lot for the efforts you gave in to close this deal.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Regards, Amit

In my opinion and based on my experience, when deals happen with a lot of ambiguity, we must be a bit more careful. Usually audio deals are like, you call up fix a date to visit, make it, check it out and buy it. Its as simple as that. Not sure if paying advance booking money, committment to buy, avoidance of audition and dis-interest for entertaining guests are positive indicators for such deals. Please be a little patient Amit, you'll definitely come across another NAD tuner. The key is that a lot of people are actually exiting, listening to local FM, so these beauties do come up for sale, every now and then.

Hi Reubensm

I agree with your approach 101%. if i would have wanted the deal to close over phone then i could have done it myself. but i was very clear that one known trusted person should see the product first and then we can decide if we like it.

I will be patient and i believe i will get chance again.

Regards, Amit

I have been searching for a good tuner for over an year now. Found a good used Sansui analogue tuner sometime back but could not find anyone to align it. Lots of forum members gave me very good offers during my search which unluckily I could not opt for. I was hoping for the Sansui to work.

To make the long story short - there are many excellent tuners available with some of the forum members here. Open a 'wanted' thread and see the offers that pour in and then you can confidently buy one.

Back