Norge Concerto Gold 1000 Review ( An underestimated Brand)

That chunky torroidal power supply is quite incredible at this price. Imported amps with that sort of supply are usually only the higher priced ones.
True, their toroidal transformers are custom made as per specs of the model and power. I think same goes for all foreign Hi-fi amp brands selling their products in India.

Can the Amplifier be used as Pre- Amp too? I see a RCA line out, thanks in advance
I think RCA line out is not same as pre out. "Line out" can be used to take signal to another device for recording purpose etc. I am not sure it can be used as pre out. Hope someone with electronics/amplifiers technical knowledge will be able to answer on this.

Can the Amplifier be used as Pre- Amp too? I see a RCA line out, thanks in advance
Any integrated amp with seperate pre and power pcb inside can be modified into seperates where you can take to output of the preamp board to any other power amp input if the output voltage and current matches

In post no 24 there is a no photo of the internals where there are two grey wires from the preamp board going to the two mono power amp boards. Take that output to any power amp of your choice

Of course only if you are willing to do so and void warranty

Last edited:
Any integrated amp with seperate pre and power pcb inside can be modified into seperates where you can take to output of the preamp board to any other power amp input if the output voltage and current matches

In post no 24 there is a no photo of the internals where there are two grey wires from the preamp board going to the two mono power amp boards. Take that output to any power amp of your choice

Of course only if you are willing to do so and void warranty
Thanks for your input

I was using Norge 2060, some years back, a real powerful amplifier. I changed the inbuilt preamp to the SSP Preamp, and the performance improved by a very good margin. I have also mentioned that in the SSP thread by Sachin.

Where in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai can we demo/buy Norge amplifiers . Their website is not responding .
Eastern Electronics - 225, Hammer Smith Industrial Estate, Off S T Road, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
022-24466627
Mr Laxman - 9167782424 (This is also his what's app number)
You can contact him for info and demo.

I just purchased the Norge Concerto gold 1000 about 2 -3 weeks ago. I use it with my bookshelf speakers Yamaha NS333. Last week I also got the Fiio BTA30 PRO, to connect to the Norge amp.
The Norge amp is really good! Earlier I was using my Basic Yamaha AVR ( part of YHT-299 HTiB package) with my bookshelf speakers. Believe me, the difference is night and day! the Norge Amp is really that good and also excellent price point! Their service is also very good.
I got a piece with broken leg of the amp( must have happened in transit). Mr.Laxman promptly couriered me the legs, along with screw and FeviKwik.! I would highly recommend Norge Concerto Gold !

I just purchased the Norge Concerto gold 1000 about 2 -3 weeks ago. I use it with my bookshelf speakers Yamaha NS333. Last week I also got the Fiio BTA30 PRO, to connect to the Norge amp.
The Norge amp is really good! Earlier I was using my Basic Yamaha AVR ( part of YHT-299 HTiB package) with my bookshelf speakers. Believe me, the difference is night and day! the Norge Amp is really that good and also excellent price point! Their service is also very good.
I got a piece with broken leg of the amp( must have happened in transit). Mr.Laxman promptly couriered me the legs, along with screw and FeviKwik.! I would highly recommend Norge Concerto Gold !
I was thinking to buy one as my first stereo setup. how much it costed and where to get one.

Hi
Is this amp suitable for large speakers ( 12 inch ). What is your opinion about Norge Mosfet reference 2000 and Norge 1200 professional amp ?
Thanks & Regards
Cosmic.

I was thinking to buy one as my first stereo setup. how much it costed and where to get one.
It costed me 17k plus shipping cost. You can check the website for enquiries or refer the contact numbers posted by forum member 3-4 posts above.
Which speakers are you going to pair?

It costed me 17k plus shipping cost. You can check the website for enquiries or refer the contact numbers posted by forum member 3-4 posts above.
Which speakers are you going to pair?
I also have a similar Yamaha AVR like YHT - 299, Mine was rxv 375, and speakers AJ SP-FS52 for now.

Hi
Is this amp suitable for large speakers ( 12 inch ). What is your opinion about Norge Mosfet reference 2000 and Norge 1200 professional amp ?
Thanks & Regards
Cosmic.
This thread was initially started by me. I heard mosfet based Norge Reference 2000 during the audition. It is good with more bass and punch. I particularly did not like it as I wanted all tones to be balanced. However it is personal liking as many listeners also gives lot of preference to bass in amplifiers and speakers. Both amps, reference 2000 and concerto gold 1000 are good in their own way. There is also one pre and power combo that Norge sells. I feel if a person has space to keep two components then the best option will be pre and power combo.

When l had compared Norge 1000 and 2000 model, both sounded powerful. I liked 1000 over 2000.But l found 2060 overall enjoyable and musical in same setup.

I own a Norge concerto Gold 1000. 15 years old trouble free. its built like a Military Tank. this is a serious Music listeners Amp. Best for Indian music. Vocals (mids) are so well tuned. if you love heavy Bass this is not for you. It doesn't have a Loudness control so low volume listening lacks punch. In my case I have pushed in a car equalizer in between the Amp and source. So extra bass boost can be achieved. but if you have a built in Loudness option thats much better. couple of years back had some issue on balance control I sprayed WD 40 on all controls so they work fine now. Old Sonodyne has a much better sound signature. But these days Sonodyne think they are Bose so just let it off the range. Also they dont make those amps anymore. Also there is a company called Sound king in Pune they make cheap and best Amplifier under 6k I bought one and it really works good with my Towers as well as with vintage Akkai 3 way book shelves with 10 inch woofer. this amp sounds bit harsh but you can adjust it with controls according to your choice. this has a Loudness control as well. Amp is dead silent on Volume knob on 12 o clock position. no humming. its good for the price. If you are Partying this will give you the real kick ass bass. by the way I am not Audiophile ha ha

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back