Salk Audio Company for Sale at $100,000!

Wow, this is sad news for audio lovers... it is truly sad to see Salk Sound close its doors.
Ohm are really a niche speaker... turning Salk into some sort of DIY option is actually probably the best hope i feel. If he does sell the plans and circuits, this should be within the capabilities of many DIY builders.

Another one for sale!
I owned a pair of Ohms some 25 years ago. Sad to hear this.
Cheers,
Sid
If you have watched the series Bosch on Prime , the lead had a turntable setup with Ohm speakers with mcintosh 240 amp playing Jazz all the time.
Although no matter how much i froze the frame, could not see the speaker cables ..actually seems they did not want it to ruin the aesthetics 1

If you have watched the series Bosch on Prime , the lead had a turntable setup with Ohm speakers with mcintosh 240 amp playing Jazz all the time.
Although no matter how much i froze the frame, could not see the speaker cables ..actually seems they did not want it to ruin the aesthetics 1
I always wondered what speakers those were. Thanks @arj

Yep beautiful setup and that house in the hilltop looks so dreamy.

Too bad these small companies are going out of business.

Too bad these small companies are going out of business.
There will be more from what I am reading. Inflation, interest rate hikes etc. and the possibility of recession in the US are some of the causes for distress among artisan/small manufacturers - plus lack of succession planning, according to the audio press.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
From what I am hearing the Recession will only get worse in the US although Gemany is emerging from it....so more and more of one person shows will feel the stress.
There will be more from what I am reading. Inflation, interest rate hikes etc. and the possibility of recession in the US are some of the causes for distress among artisan/small manufacturers - plus lack of succession planning, according to the audio press.
Cheers,
Sid

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back