sam9s Raspberry Pi Project! powered by Amazon Echo, A.K.A Alexa.

Thanks for Sammy. Is this how it works?

1) Say to switch my TV on and off - I chop off my TV Power cable and insert a sonoff in between? also am assuming since its three pin plug it will have three wires and sonoff has two inlets?

you dont need to chop off the cable, u can add the wires to sonoff with a top and a plus and connect to the TV power cord. But yes u r right, that is how is has to be done. The third wire is ground, you can bypass the third wire from sonoff, I recomend get help from an electrician.

2) How to control fan since there are no wires hanging out where I can insert
a sonoff? same goes for installed lights as well

open the switch board and connect sonoff between the switch that is controlling the lights same for fan, again highly recomend an electrician.

3) Also one device = one sonoff and a single sonoff cant control multiple devices?

you can as log as the load is under 10 AMPs. That was one command will power on/off all the devices simultaneously

4)Channel changing and other IR remote related control - we got to use a broadcom IR blaster controller or some such thing? saw paul hibberts video on this.

yes that video is a good start, I am also using ir blaster, but that video is advance automation, first u need to get the basics done correctly.

Hence all of us want to know in detail how you did it :) should be good even if u wrote about it or at least paste some youtube videos where they have done exactly what u did

creating a video will be a huuugee task, specially when there already are truck loads of videos already available, I did not follow any one specific video but watched multiple and proceeded, paul hibbert videos are one of them. Rest were all for uploading CFW on sonoff.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back