Samsung 40C550 or LG 42LH60

swathi

Hi All,

I am going to buy a new 40/42 inch LCD TV, am not sure which one to go for ... Samsung C550 or LG LH60. What LG seems to have over Samsung is 200Hz Motion (C550 has only 60Hz), will this create a big difference in the performance of both TV? Pls help.

Hi All,

I am going to buy a new 40/42 inch LCD TV, am not sure which one to go for ... Samsung C550 or LG LH60. What LG seems to have over Samsung is 200Hz Motion (C550 has only 60Hz), will this create a big difference in the performance of both TV? Pls help.

200 hz makes a difference only in fast paced sport...like a football moving across the screen or when the picture background changes rapidly with respect to the foreground..like in a movie shot where the subject is stationary and the camera records by moving around the subject....there are many views for and against improvement in performance due to 200hz processing...personally i have an LG LH90 and dont notice a significant improvement....

Thanks for your help. I have also just heard that LG LH60 models have a mirror effect in a brightly lit room... if that is true then have to stick to samsung.

Juss booked a 37 inch C550 .... gotta wait till tuesday for the delivery. Contrary to others I didnt spend too much time pondering over what to buy coz I do not watch much of TV. It's for my parents. Will let u know about the performance then :) . cheers

HI Guys,
Have purchased Samsung 40C550 yesterday, it will be delivered on Monday . Hope I have made the right choice, BTW have got Samsung HT-330 free with it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back