Samsung 46C650 LCD Shocker Price

gurucahaithanya

Great News for Samsung LCD lovers.

Samsung 46C650 LCD TV is now available at 66K. Contact Vaibhav JD Electronics (+91 9840480822).

Shocker price from same person who offered Samsung 50C6500 Plasma for 67.5K for Hifivision members.

Vaibhav seems to be dealing with Samsung directly for selling/clearing the top end Samsung models (just below 3D models)

Important
As informed by our Hifivision member "Reds4ever" this model has CMO panels (CN03). He spoke to Vaibhav on this. All the units are with CMO panels (CN03). As usually, vendors will try to hide such details from buyers but Vaibhav was very courteous and forthcoming.

Last edited:
Great News for Samsung LCD lovers.

Samsung 46C650 LCD TV is now available at 66K. Contact Vaibhav JD Electronics (+91 9840480822).

Shocker price from same person who offered Samsung 50C6500 Plasma for 67.5K for Hifivision members.

Vaibhav seems to be dealing with Samsung directly for selling/clearing the top end Samsung models (just below 3D models)

Important
As informed by our Hifivision member "Reds4ever" this model has CMO panels (CN03). He spoke to Vaibhav on this. All the units are with CMO panels (CN03). As usually, vendors will try to hide such details from buyers but Vaibhav was very courteous and forthcoming.

For more details of the Panels types and Panel Switching I have found below informative articles:

TV Panel Switching: Findings from 2010, Hopes for 2011
Panel Switching in Samsung TVs: What We Know So Far

Hope this will help.

thats a great price. considering that I got 40C650 for 63K during last diwali this is a splendid deal.
sadly the forum was not that helpful in giving this info while I was scouting for a new LCD.

yeah, i have been here for a while and getting used to this forum nowadays... my knowledge towards audio visuals has improved a lot.. tnx to this wonderful forum

is this panel very good, good, bad, or very bad?
How does this lcd compare to the plasma c6500 as both are quite close in price, though LCD is a little bit smaller.

I have compared this with 46C750 and 50C6500 for the same SD source - Times Now from Airtel HD STB's composite output. to check for scaling and motion resolution and judder (which could be evaluated easily by looking at the tickers at the bottom of a news channel).

C750 has slightly better PQ and 200Hz increase motion resolution while improving on Judder resolution AND also INTRODUCING more JUDDER (not present in the source) as the motion compensation (MotionPlus) was dropping part of the picture while compensating for another part. This is a common issue with Samsung (Sony seems better) where while compensating for one motion component, the MotionPlus engine skips part of the original running frames and shows older frame's content in the following frames thus showing juddery tickers, etc. As 200Hz creates twice more synthesis, it CAN create more unwanted judder while compensating for other motion on the scene. Hence for any COMPLEX video sequence, this is a common phenomenon in Samsung.

So while 200Hz definitely make motion more clear in LCDs, they also increase artifacts in complex motion sequences.

Talking of C6500, no motion compensation, no dejudder hence no artifacts resulting from them, HOWEVER, I saw the tickers carrying a trail while the video was deinterlaced. Also, judders were visible on some of the sequences (which were eliminated in C650 to an extent and C750 to a bigger extent).

My primary purpose of that review was to check the judder and motion resolution so those were my findings.

Samsung 46C650 LCD TV support USB (Movie) . Do you have details on support format and can it play from HDD source?

Yes. It does play most of the formats from HDD. Im using a Toshiba 500GB external HDD hooked up to Samsung 32C630.

Cheers,
Siva

That's very cool .

I am wondering "If" all TVs start are supporting large number format and external HDD. Media Players business will be at risk .

HDD playback seems best on these Samsung TVs. Best media functionality like in C750 you could play 3D content through USB, full NTFS file system support. These seems missing even in 2011 Sony models.

@ prankey - very true . one of the major differences btwn sony and samsung ...

this is why i am awaiting D series release before making an purchase...

any idean on samsung D series launch date?

cheers,
nu

Hi
Just bought a 40C530 from Dubai with duty cost Rs.28000/- selling here for Rs.52000/- big difference in prices, Why?

Big dealers , showrooms and company who can not lower the price , use these sellers to move the stocks out . Just my guess :rolleyes:

I am told by Samsung Sales Manager that such deals are for seconds products where Samsung gives 45% to 60% discount.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back