Samsung 46D6000 LED TV getting switched off automatically

andy78

I bought Samsung 46D6000 LED TV couple of years back. For the past 2 weeks I started facing issue wherein the TV gets switched off automatically within 15 seconds of we switching it on.
Informed the Samsung Service center guys and after they checked it found that there is some problem with the board and the part needs to be replaced.This was on April 19th.

However for the past 8-9 days the Customer Service Center and the Local Service center are passing the buck on each other and there is nobody who is addressing the issue.

The last conversation I had with someone they told the part is not available and the technician would come again to assess if there is any alternate way to repair this without the new part if not they will be looking for alternative which I believe is replacement of TV.

Any ideas/suggestions from you guys here.
Close to 10 days without TV and no signs of any progress on this front.

Will Appreciate any advice from you guys.

Though it seems to be case of faulty capacitors and can be easily fixed by technicians without need of replacing the board. Unless it is in warranty Samsung is gonna charge a bomb for replacement better take it to some dealer who can fix it easily and they do early than Samsung guys. There is one thing that you can try to see if this is some issue with software instead

Step 1: Make sure your TV is on standby (i.e. off, but plugged into the wall)

Step 2: Using your remote, press the following buttons in exactly this order: INFO MENU MUTE POWER.

Note: You have to press them rather quickly one after another, and make sure the remote is properly pointing to the TV.

Step 3: The TV will now switch on, and after a moment, display the service menu. If after about 10 or 15 seconds the service menu doesnt appear, switch off the TV and try again.

Step 4: Press the Options button (Its the first option).

Step 4: Press the Factory Reset Button (Again, its the first option).

Step 5: The TV will now switch off.

Step 6: Switch the TV back on, and begin the full setup process from the beginning.

If it starts working post this great > update software once this step is complete. Else this is confirmed hardware issue for which a technician is best person to fix.

I have a similar 6 series tv from 2010 and have been on their forums for a while. As already pointed out it is likely to be a bad capacitor issue. If you have some DIY skills you can carry out the repair yourself. You have to lay the panel on a smooth but firm surface face down like on a mattress. Remove all the screws so that the back panel is removed. The SMPS is along the upper left corner usually which you can follow the ac leads. You can check if the fuses have continuity and if the capacitors have become barrel shaped. You can remove the old capacitors using a desoldering gun and wick and solder in new one from a decent brand like philips (nothing exotic here even samwha will do). Then check the board. Otherwise you can buy a second hand board on ebay or local market and replace it en block.

These guys telling problem with board and needs to be replaced but not available with them.
They will check based on depreciation value will give money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Samsung guy are telling part not available and that they will try to pay for the TV based on depreciation.
however they are not sending any person to collect document and start the process.

The Samsung guy are telling part not available and that they will try to pay for the TV based on depreciation.
however they are not sending any person to collect document and start the process.

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with my Samsung LED TV. Nothing worked and the service centre guy says that it takes around 15 days for Samsung to evaluate and call on the depreciation value. They have taken some documents like a cancelled cheque and all, since the part ain't available anywhere.
I'm bit clueless on what to do now, but wait.

Do let me know what happens in your case and so will I.

I faced this problem few months ago with my tv, samsung 6 series. TV was out of warranty and problem was intermittent. i researched and found that this swithching off problem is very common and there are several diy solutions available on the net including videos. it seems like capacitor problem but it can also be caused by loose connectors between boards and because of defective on/off switch panel.

I got mine solved simply by droping the panel on bed from 2-3 inch height hoping that any loose conection will sit right and voila problem disappeared. u can try this and if this does not work. Try disconnecting on/off switch connector from board. U have to disassemble the set for this. If disconnecting solves the problem then switch is faulty.

There are some stories on net about samsung using caps which were 30 years old or something like that. I dont know how true they are but TVs affected by those supposed to have intermittent switching off problem.

The Samsung guys processed a cheque of around 19.5 k and took away the TV. Not a bad deal for me after 5 years of having the TV. Have purchased a Vu 55" TV instead in the FK Big Billion Sale.

Madhu I raises issue around Mid April & around May they said will process. Can you tell how many days it took you from time you reported to the time they gave cheque?
Local technician saying he can fix it for 8k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to provide them an invoice and cancelled cheque copy post which it took bit of follow up with the service centre for a week or so. After that I got a call from their Gurgaon callcentre that my request is accepted and the cheque would be sent within the next 3 weeks. After three weeks, the service centre guy called and set up an appointment to collect the TV and provide the cheque.

So all in all around 5-6 weeks max. The process might have few glitches but you would need to continue following up and be after their life that what is the status, why is the cheque not being processed, how much time will it take, etc.

Guys need a quick suggestion.
The Samsung guys are willing to pay 33k for the TV. But having one catch we broke the TV Stand during shifting and hence these guys are asking to pay 2.8k for the Stand.
Should we
1. Pay the 2.8k for the TV stand and collect the 33k cheque and hand over the TV
2. Repair the TV at local TV shop wherein he will charge 8k and is now willing to give 6 months warranty.

Anyway I can get an old TV stand so that I can give it to these guys?

Guys need a quick suggestion.
The Samsung guys are willing to pay 33k for the TV. But having one catch we broke the TV Stand during shifting and hence these guys are asking to pay 2.8k for the Stand.
Should we
1. Pay the 2.8k for the TV stand and collect the 33k cheque and hand over the TV
2. Repair the TV at local TV shop wherein he will charge 8k and is now willing to give 6 months warranty.

Anyway I can get an old TV stand so that I can give it to these guys?

How much did you buy the TV for? and how old is the TV ?

Bought for 85k.
In April 2012.

The TV is more than 4 yrs old, and there is no guarantee that it will survive for some more time even if you fix it with local technician. 33K is a good offer for a TV outside warranty period..

Rather than fixing the the TV for 8K, take the depreciation rate of 33K and add some more and get a new TV.. Make sure you get maximum extended warranty for the new one...

If possible, try to negotiate the price for TV Stand. If they are taking back the TV at depreciated price, they should apply the same pricing to the TV stand too.

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

He repaired my 2year old sony led tv 46w950a in just 5days .. authorised center asked 35k .. he did it in 11k

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back