samsung c630 or samsung c650 ?

ka_rajesh05

Hi,

i am confused b/w these two models ... samsung c630 or samsung c650
i want a 32' inch model .

the price for c630 is 37K and c650 is 42K (i know the shop owner, he is close to me :) ) difference b/w the two is 5K ( i can spare this difference but not blindly )

i wanted to understand if there is there is any difference in picture quality and build quality b/w these two LCDs.

is it better going for c650 ?

c630 is a matte screen but c650 is glossy -
how is viewing experience of c650 ? is it very reflective ? i is it a matter of much concern or i can easily live with it ?

what are other things that i get/lose by going with c650 model ?

also, about c650 InternetTV - is it really a fun/worth feature to have ?

please suggest ..

thanks,

hi,

i am confused b/w these two models ... Samsung c630 or samsung c650

The price for c630 is 37k and c650 is 42k (i know the shop owner, he is close to me :) ) difference b/w the two is 5k ( i can spare this difference but not blindly )

i wanted to understand if there is there is any difference in picture quality and build quality b/w these two lcds. there should not be a major difference, difference will be in features like internet tv, etc.

is it better going for c650 ? yes, why cry later??

how is viewing experience of c650 ? Is it very reflective ? I is it a matter of much concern or i can easily live with it ? glossy screens produce better blacks under ambient lighting. Whether you can live with reflection is irrelevant, the relevant question is whether your wife can live with it.

what are other things that i get/lose by going with c650 model ? in addition to internet tv you will lose 5000 of your hard earned money, thus falling a gullible prey to samsung's marketing gimmick. With 5000 bucks you can buy a decent hd player which has basic internet connectivity options.

also, about c650 internettv - is it really a fun/worth feature to have ? yes it is a worth/fun feature to have if you are too lazy to move from the couch to the computer

please suggest ..

Thanks,
welcome...............

Which one is better betweem Samsung c630 and LG LD460 panel : 32" ??

@rajesh
check pm pls.

Hi,

the price for c630 is 37K and c650 is 42K (i know the shop owner, he is close to me :) ) difference b/w the two is 5K ( i can spare this difference but not blindly )

i wanted to understand if there is there is any difference in picture quality and build quality b/w these two LCDs.

how is viewing experience of c650 ? is it very reflective ? i is it a matter of much concern or i can easily live with it ?

please suggest ..

thanks,

Get the C630 and a dedicated media player like Segate Freeagent Theatre+ from the 5k saved. The dedicated players have better processor and upscaling.. IMO, the internet TV is not worth the 5k..

If you like the design of the 650 as opposed to 630, its a different ball game.. but you wont be asking this question here then.. ;)

i took a review for c630 and took my hdd of 320Gig along too.
to my utter surprise it read the mkv files without any stutters and i was impressed to say the least.

Now only thing bothering me is that the 320Gigger portable hdd will draw power much greater than a reg usb thumb drive.. so will it be safe to use HDD all the time ?

Last edited:
i took a review for c630 and took my hdd of 320Gig along too.
to my utter surprise it read the mkv files without any stutters and i was impressed to say the least.

Now only thing bothering me is that the 320Gigger portable hdd will draw power much greater than a reg usb thumb drive.. so will it be safe to use HDD all the time ?

just plug in when you are using it and remove it while watching something else..
i have been using 500gb hdd for over a month in same manner with my c630..

Last edited:
Hi,

please suggest ..

thanks,

as none of the netcast features are available in India, yet so no point in spending extra 5k and also it is a pay per view type of thing...

and did anybody noticed the gliding motion of the movies..?
i dont know if that indeed is the soap opera effect but the speed of the movies and teleserials even gave the gliding effect.

@slayer tiger
thanks for sharing but is that ok..? i mean recommended kinds ??

i dont know if that indeed is the soap opera effect but the speed of the movies and teleserials even gave the gliding effect.

@slayer tiger

The gliding effect is probably because of the 100Hz feature. If you don't like it then look for an option to turn it off.

There is nothing wrong with connecting a 500GB or even 2 TB HDD to your TVs USB port. If the TV could not handle it, it would not have recognized it in the first place. Only issue might be that a larger capacity drive might take more time to access.

@slayer tiger

nops no recommendations, you asked for suggestion so gave one u its upto you how do you take it..cause we live in a free world. :clapping: ..:clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
I dont think it will use more power than a flash drive as the USB port (TV) designed to supply a constant power.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back