Samsung Crystal 4K Pro 65

kmathan88

Hello all,

I am contemplating on buying a new TV. But with number of models available, I am really confused.

My living room is 16x12 (Please check reference image) and viewing distance is almost 12+ feet. As of now I have Samsung 43 H4900 Plasma TV. And budget is around ~1L. Usage is mixed. DTH for almost 4 to 5Hrs by parents daily. Nvidia Shield for movie watching. 4K support and good upscaling is minimum what I expect from the upgrade. And love to get something from Samsung, Song or LG.

Considering the viewing distance, 65 inch or more is appropriate I guess. With limited budget, I cant afford LG OLED or even a mid range Samsung QLED.

Also we use Samsung Smartthings at home, so I am inclined towards Samsung TVs which supports it.
I shortlisted 2 models so far,

65 Inch: Samsung Crystal 4K Pro (Not sure about Smartthing support)
55 Inch: The Frame 2021

Once lockdown gets over, I have to check with offline stores for more modes. I heard TU8000 is good for my budget.
Any suggestions ? Please feel free to recommend any other models.

Hello all,

I am contemplating on buying a new TV. But with number of models available, I am really confused.

My living room is 16x12 (Please check reference image) and viewing distance is almost 12+ feet. As of now I have Samsung 43 H4900 Plasma TV. And budget is around ~1L. Usage is mixed. DTH for almost 4 to 5Hrs by parents daily. Nvidia Shield for movie watching. 4K support and good upscaling is minimum what I expect from the upgrade. And love to get something from Samsung, Song or LG.

Considering the viewing distance, 65 inch or more is appropriate I guess. With limited budget, I cant afford LG OLED or even a mid range Samsung QLED.

Also we use Samsung Smartthings at home, so I am inclined towards Samsung TVs which supports it.
I shortlisted 2 models so far,

65 Inch: Samsung Crystal 4K Pro (Not sure about Smartthing support)
55 Inch: The Frame 2021

Once lockdown gets over, I have to check with offline stores for more modes. I heard TU8000 is good for my budget.
Any suggestions ? Please feel free to recommend any other models.
Hi Try Sony X8000H also.

A little increase in ur budget the 75 inch MI is available. Check out the thread where every owner has given excellent feedback. Bang for bucks
Yes, I saw Mi 75 inch. Upscale is not par with other brands is what I heard about. Will explore anyways.
Wish I can get LG CX or BX. Do you think, 55 inch OLED is good for 12+ ft viewing distance ?

Yes, I saw Mi 75 inch. Upscale is not par with other brands is what I heard about. Will explore anyways.
Wish I can get LG CX or BX. Do you think, 55 inch OLED is good for 12+ ft viewing distance ?
For your usage I would highly recommend to go for the biggest screen available in your budget. Oled 55 inch will be small at a distance of 12 feet. Since your parents are going to use it for casual DTH for 4-5 hours daily a Larger led will be more enjoyable to them vs a 55 inch Oled. Connect with few Mi owners and get some sample images or videos and see if the upscaling is good enough for your liking.

For your usage I would highly recommend to go for the biggest screen available in your budget. Oled 55 inch will be small at a distance of 12 feet. Since your parents are going to use it for casual DTH for 4-5 hours daily a Larger led will be more enjoyable to them vs a 55 inch Oled. Connect with few Mi owners and get some sample images or videos and see if the upscaling is good enough for your liking.
Sure, thanks for the inputs.

Absolutely agree with @Love4sound here. Mi Q1 75 is the best TV for you if you can extend your budget till ~1.1 lakhs

There's basically no point getting a non-FALD TV in 2021 unless you really, really can't afford any. Basic TV without local dimming will look especially bad since you have a plasma TV.

Hi...just want to improvise a little. TCL is coming with their mini led tvs by end of June. As they have lesser brand value compare to the top 3, would you like to give TCL a chance to show up their new offerings. TCL mini led line up is quite popular in US, so hoping to get some quality stuff from them this time with upgraded technology.
For further reference you can check out their India website.

Hi...just want to improvise a little. TCL is coming with their mini led tvs by end of June. As they have lesser brand value compare to the top 3, would you like to give TCL a chance to show up their new offerings. TCL mini led line up is quite popular in US, so hoping to get some quality stuff from them this time with upgraded technology.
For further reference you can check out their India website.
TCL's mini LED in US are not the same as their mini LEDs in Europe/India. Their 8 series mini LED of 2019(Q825) in US has 1000 dimming zones, but their upcoming C825 (C fits nicely since it's a cheaper version to make) for Europe/India has only 160 zones on the 65". In fact, the 8 series coming to India/Europe has even fewer zones than their 6 series in the US, which has 240 zones. In fact, this one is a mini LED only in name, but has lesser zones than many conventional FALD TVs.

It's clear that TCL wants to push out stuff that won't sell in US to other countries as there aren't any reviewers here. And given their pricing of C815 which was over 1 lakh, this product is not worth waiting for.

It will be worth it if they price it under 80k, but that ain't happening.

12+ Feet is a large distance, pointless to buy 55 or 65 inch at that distance, buy the Mi 75 inch. Check out the Mi 75 thread ,forum members have posted nice videos which demonstrates the quality.

Samsung 65 frame 2020 model. Lookout for offers and pull the trigger if you find something below 110k. Flipkart 3% survey discount plus cc discount plus no cost emi prepayment discount.

65inch TU8000 is good tv for the price. Good Picture quality for normal use and fairly easy \good connectivity options.

65inch TU8000 is good tv for the price. Good Picture quality for normal use and fairly easy \good connectivity options.
This model sells in US for around $700. In India it's almost 50% more even after including gst. Frame is competitive at that price if we don't consider mi 75 inch

This model sells in US for around $700. In India it's almost 50% more even after including gst. Frame is competitive at that price if we don't consider mi 75 inch
Pricing of electronics in US can't be taken as benchmark IHMO, almost everything in electronics are significantly cheaper in US compared to India. This will be only useful if you have a way of bringing it from there.

I would personally not consider MI in this race.

Hi All,

With lot of confusion and budget constraint, decided to go with The Frame 2021 55' inch.
I know this might not be the best option out there, but considering other factors decided to go with it for now.

Now waiting for delivery. Will update once installed.

Thanks again for all the inputs. Hopefully some day, bigger and better.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back