Samsung LED 46B6000 vs Sony w550

manyu

Hello everyone.,

This is my first post at this forum. This site is really good with some really knowledgeable people contributing.

I need some help finalizing on the lcd

I will be watchind sd content ablut 80% of the time = Tata Sky

I also have a Harmon Kardon Avr 240 with HKTS11

I plan to buy a PS3 slim soon.

I have a budget of around a lakh maximum for a 46'' LCD/LED and had a look at the sammy 46 LED and sony w550 oin hd quality at which the led looked sharper and crisper.

Please suggest me which LCD/LED to go for as per my requirements.

PS I could not find the Samsung lcd6000 series on display anywhere as sammy is really pushing the led into the market.

Based on feedbacks Samsung's edge lit LED based LCDs are not that good. If you can stretch your budget go for 46B650 which is around 95K and fits your budget. Its good for gaming also as it supports 100Hz motion plus.

Also, if you search through foum, you will find lot of feedback for similar question. Good luck with your hunt.

I would buy a Sony Bravia 3.0 engine over Samsung LED anyday, if SD content is a priority. Edge lit LCD's aren't that great anyway.

BTW what's the response time and motion Hz on W550? That matters a great deal to an avid gamer. You don't want any lag and clear picture while aiming headshots in Halo or Call of Duty online :)

:lol:, i am a corporate and technology lawyer, but yeah, i'd love to sell plasma TVs for a living some day.

I am a plasma evangelist only because I also started out assuming LCD was the default option, looked at many models, and THEN saw a plasma and realised what I was missing. To me the superiority of plasma was evident and it's tragic that marketing and gimmickry are slowly pushing this superior display technology to the sidelines.

or wait for OLED TV's? :)

btw psychotropic what exactly do you do for living? Please don't say dealing in Plasmas :p

:lol:, i am a corporate and technology lawyer, but yeah, i'd love to sell plasma TVs for a living some day.

I am a plasma evangelist only because I also started out assuming LCD was the default option, looked at many models, and THEN saw a plasma and realised what I was missing. To me the superiority of plasma was evident and it's tragic that marketing and gimmickry are slowly pushing this superior display technology to the sidelines.

Wow! They have those in India. I hope you don't turn into one of those vampiric lawyers that suck out money from evil patent troll corporations in US. You must be rich :)

No but seriously I think that's a gr8 job. As to plasma vs LCD, I think plasmas are badly marketed although both technology have their adv and disadv's but somehow plasmas come out as a "silly" choice when you ask to buy one. Kind of sad though when you look at them and compare their quality against LCD's.

At the end of the day most buyers decide what our salesman tell us which is along the lines of -
"Sir, of course Sony is the best, buy this Sony LCD"
or "ohh Samsung LED TV's look how pretty and thin, it's the best"
or "Sir we sell the LG's most buy this LCD, most selling and no complains ever" ....... WTF

manyu ...

Iam also similarly jinxed....

I plan for a 46" LCD (edge lit LED - A Big NO).....

My Budget is 1.1L max... and my choices currently are....

1. Sony W series 46" Wseries 46W550A
2. Samsung - 7 series 46" - LA46B750 ( hope its in my budget.... if not will go for the 6 series)

Till yesterday was hellbent on Sony.... but... Sammy is sorta highly feature rich.... and DLNA and USB video streaming ( 500GB HDD (NTFS Formated) form MKV to DivX formats),is heavily tilting the balance..

Guys ...can someone help me sort this out.... wot sort of video formats does the W series support.... and does.. connecting the HDD work??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back