Samsung LED TV blown speaker - options to fix?

aadi007

I have a 5 year old Samsung LED TV which I use for bedroom.
Recently, the speakers started giving a cracking sound. Upon inspection, it was found that speakers are blown as suspected.
Now, the cost of replacement seems to be 4.5K and I am thinking whether it makes sense to spend so much in repairing these speakers which anyways give crap sound.

So, I thought of using a 2.1 system similar to what I have for my computer. I took out the Logitech 2.1 system from the computer and plugged it into the audio out of the TV but I do not get any sound (when I set the sound output to external speakers) When I select TV speakers, I hear the same cracking sound.

Also, I tried to put my earphones into the audio out of the TV and all I hear is a very low humming/buzzing kind of sound and no real output from the earphones.

I genuinely want to plug a decent 2.1 system to the TV instead of spending 5.5K on repairing the crap TV speakers. Please suggest if I can try any other options or if I am missing something.

Hi,

Check the specs of the TV.

Possibly the audio coming out is FIXED, you may need to change it to variable.

I don't think new TV speakers cost so much...if you have the bare speaker, reconing the same should not cost more than 200-300 each.

Check the settings for audio out / headphones out....

Sorry I do not understand FIXED or variable.
I am checking out various options but so far nothing has helped :(
Really feeling stick now.

Hi

Please share the exact model of the TV...see the rear side sticker where the serial number is mentioned....will try to download the operational manual and check the specs...

Recently, the speakers started giving a cracking sound. Upon inspection, it was found that speakers are blown as suspected.
Now, the cost of replacement seems to be 4.5K and I am thinking whether it makes sense to spend so much in repairing these speakers which anyways give crap sound.

So, I thought of using a 2.1 system similar to what I have for my computer. I took out the Logitech 2.1 system from the computer and plugged it into the audio out of the TV but I do not get any sound (when I set the sound output to external speakers) When I select TV speakers, I hear the same cracking sound.

Also, I tried to put my earphones into the audio out of the TV and all I hear is a very low humming/buzzing kind of sound and no real output from the earphones.

I genuinely want to plug a decent 2.1 system to the TV instead of spending 5.5K on repairing the crap TV speakers. Please suggest if I can try any other options or if I am missing something.

Do you have optical/coaxial digital output?? If yes, then get a cheap optical to RCA converter and use your 2.1. Will cost another $500-700.. Do this only if everything fails!

^^

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

The Model number is UA32C6900VR. I have the manual. It's too big to be attached here.I am unable to understand why such a simple thing is not working.

I can definitely try the optical to RCA converter. It has an optical out.
I have used the optical out earlier to connect to AVR and it works fine.

If ear phones are also not giving proper sound, then could it be that the board handling the Audio is itself gone bad? For decent upgrade try using the RCA Out from the TV. There are many 2.1 speaker systems from Sony, Panasonic, etc. that take RCA inputs. These also have USB option.

MaSh

^^

I tested the headphones earlier as well and those do not work. Reading various forums on the internet it seems to me the problem is not so simple.

I might be required to try the optical out.

There is another way too.

If you are having a set top box, use the RCA out of it and input in the 2.1 system direct.

You can control the volume thru set top box remote.

All issues gone. No need to buy anything else.

I am using HDMI to connect STB to TV.
Also, I play movies through USB quite a bit. So, that's a problem as well.

Currently, I can think of 2 possible solutions -
Change TV speakers
Buy a 2.1 or 2.0 system with optical out. Any suggestions?

@aadi007: Try connecting analog PC speakers with Headphone Out. Page 9 of your TV's manual says that TV volume and Headphone volume is adjusted "Separately". So try adjusting the volume after you connect the speakers.

If that does not work see the external speaker setting on Page 16. Try each option i.e. TV and External speaker if it gives any output.

First thing I tried. Did not work.
I have ordered the replacement part. Did not want to spend so much on an old TV but no other option.
Also, could not find speakers or soundbars with optical input within budget.
Optical to RCA/headphone out socket is also kinda costly and requires a power supply. So, will be even more messy.

Did you try to repair the led spreakers. Recently mine went kaput on my daily grind tv a samsung b6000 46 inches model from 2010. It just to 15 minutes, a screwdriver and fevicol or fevibond to repair the same. A thin stream of the adhesive around the surround of both speakers at the rear was all than was needed. The bottom speakers were fine. After the adhesive dried the speakers performed as good as new. BTW the lg sound bar is a good choice anything cheaper would sound crap.

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990
Did you try to repair the led spreakers. Recently mine went kaput on my daily grind tv a samsung b6000 46 inches model from 2010. It just to 15 minutes, a screwdriver and fevicol or fevibond to repair the same. A thin stream of the adhesive around the surround of both speakers at the rear was all than was needed. The bottom speakers were fine. After the adhesive dried the speakers performed as good as new. BTW the lg sound bar is a good choice anything cheaper would sound crap.
Hello Audiodoc - you posted your reply quite some time ago, but I'm having the same problem on the same model Samsung tv. I'm confused on where you put the thin stream of fevicol or fevibond. I'm not sure what the "surround of both speakers" means. Are you able to clarify exactly where to put the stream of fevicol? Is on the speaker itself, or other place. Thank you so much for your original post!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back