Samsung OLED Reviewed in CNET

sunilkm

Samsung's 55inch curved OLED TV reviewed in CNET.

Some of the points from review:

Samsung OLED TV: Best picture we've ever seen

"Simply put, the Samsung KN55S9C produces the best picture I've seen on any TV, ever. Even with the unnecessary and distorting curved screen, I liked its picture better than that of the the ZT60, the Kuro, or anything else I've seen. But yes, I'd like a flat one even better"

"I didn't have to imagine how much better the OLED looked than a plasma, because at my request Samsung's reps wheeled in a PN60F8500 for a side-by-side comparison. It wasn't really fair, but it was still very instructive. In a completely dark room the OLED's rendition of black made that of the 8500 -- one of the best on the market -- seem like a dark grayish wash even when I equalized the TVs' light output. That said, the plasma kept up very well"

"Nonetheless, OLED is something special and genuinely exciting, and even if you can't afford it, you should try to check it out in person. No picture is perfect, but the one produced by an OLED TV is as close to reality as display technology can get"

Finally the price $9000

I think OLED tv is future. But I doubt how far "curved" OLEDs will go in terms of market share and acceptability. Curved design is excellent for cinematic experience when 2-3 people are concerned. For more audiences, this might not be a perfect solution.
However, let's time decide that! :)

P.S. - I'll wait till that day I can afford one.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back