Samsung Q990B Atmos compatibility with non earc projector

skelfoutlaw

Hey Guys,

So I am planning to purchase the new Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar Q990B.
I will be using it with my Epson 7100 projector which doesn’t have an ARC/eARC.

The setup will be as below:

- I have 2 sources FireTv 4k and Xbox Series X, which will be connected to 2 HDMI inputs of the soundbar.
- The HDMI output from Soundbar (eARC) will be connected to projector HDMI input(non ARC/eARC).
- No source will be connected directly into the projector.

In this setup, do you guys see any issue in getting Dolby Atmos sound for both Series X and FireTV contents?

From audio stand point, there should be no issues. May I know how you are running HDMI cable from sound bar to projector? And which brand?

From audio stand point, there should be no issues. May I know how you are running HDMI cable from sound bar to projector? And which brand?
Already got the soundbar. No issues with output. However having video issues as the distance between my projector and soundbar is around 40 feet. Tried multiple copper HDMI but non seems to work properly. So have ordered ZenQ AOC Hdmi cable.. Will update you how it goes

Check this thread regarding my HDMI Post https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...tance-transmission-40feet.90667/#post-1015453

Yeah, it should work fine. The soundbar will decode the sound and only the video will be passed through to the projector.

Yeah, it should work fine. The soundbar will decode the sound and only the video will be passed through to the projector.
is this confirmed? I keep reading that the TV is reguired to decode the Atmos signal, Even on passthough:/
What im HOPING to do:

Get a HW-Q990B Soundbar. Connect a 4k Chromecast With Google TV directly to sound bar, then pass through the video signal to an Epson EF12 Laser projector.
I've read that you MUST have a newer tv with EARC to decode the Atmos signal and get the sound system to work correctly, Is this true?

is this confirmed? I keep reading that the TV is reguired to decode the Atmos signal, Even on passthough:/
What im HOPING to do:

Get a HW-Q990B Soundbar. Connect a 4k Chromecast With Google TV directly to sound bar, then pass through the video signal to an Epson EF12 Laser projector.
I've read that you MUST have a newer tv with EARC to decode the Atmos signal and get the sound system to work correctly, Is this true?
Not true. The hdmi ports on the sound bar function as inputs.

I have an lg oled with only arc and no atmos pass through. My fire stick is connected directly to the sound bar and I get atmos+ Dolby vision when using it

When playing Dolby Atmos games on an XBOX Series X connected to the Samsung Q990B soundbar, it worked flawlessly. Check the i- information button on the remote for further information.

However, if you play a movie from Netflix or Prime that supports Atmos, it displays as Multi Ch PCM.

Atmos Enabled Games:
Forza 5
COD MW II
Halo Infinite

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back