SAMSUNG UA40B6000 LED v/s SONY 40W550

well i would rather ask u to narrow it down to B650 and W550A.i would prefer the extra contrast of the W550A then compared to V550A.

If the SONY 40W550 (90K) costs a good 20K more than the SONY 40V550 (70K) and has the advantage of "extra contrast", "better backlight", "a different filter" and a 100 Hz Motion Flow above the V series, have a basic question.

Why does SONY not advertise widely for "extra contrast", "better backlight", "a different filter" for the W series. It is good that you 'know' and share these facts in this forum, but for regular customers or customers who may not be part of forums such as these, how will they ever know, that by deciding to get W series, they are getting all this in addition to 100 Hz motion flow?

If the SONY 40W550 (90K) costs a good 20K more than the SONY 40V550 (70K) and has the advantage of "extra contrast", "better backlight", "a different filter" and a 100 Hz Motion Flow above the V series, have a basic question.

Why does SONY not advertise widely for "extra contrast", "better backlight", "a different filter" for the W series. It is good that you 'know' and share these facts in this forum, but for regular customers or customers who may not be part of forums such as these, how will they ever know, that by deciding to get W series, they are getting all this in addition to 100 Hz motion flow?

well why doesn't sony advertize all that is because not all people won't to know whats inside a tv..
again i tried to help my uncle buy a new tv,he didn't want to hear whats inside the tv,what panel it uses,all he asked was whats the best tv he can get within is budget.he didn't even wanted to listen to the pros and cons.
so like that there are quite a large number of people,who don't want to know.some go by what the sales person suggest.

secondly most of the manufactures now days use multiple panel tech.panasonic uses SMVA based panels in their tv low end 32" and 26" lcd.they use LG 42inch IPS panel in their 42inch lcd,yet they name it alpha ips for the 42".
same goes to samsung and sony,generaly its advertized as SPVA but we all know thats not the case
thirdly sony used to advertize the static contrast which is in 4digits,but if a videocon or vu or even samsung advertize contrast in 6 digit or even 7 digit.where will this stop,like what happend in audio where we had PMPO.so sony now doesn't even post the contrast ,imo.
only few companies post modest contrast ratio like sharp.

well why doesn't sony advertize all that is because not all people won't to know whats inside a tv..
again i tried to help my uncle buy a new tv,he didn't want to hear whats inside the tv,what panel it uses,all he asked was whats the best tv he can get within is budget.he didn't even wanted to listen to the pros and cons.
so like that there are quite a large number of people,who don't want to know.some go by what the sales person suggest.

secondly most of the manufactures now days use multiple panel tech.panasonic uses SMVA based panels in their tv low end 32" and 26" lcd.they use LG 42inch IPS panel in their 42inch lcd,yet they name it alpha ips for the 42".
same goes to samsung and sony,generaly its advertized as SPVA but we all know thats not the case
thirdly sony used to advertize the static contrast which is in 4digits,but if a videocon or vu or even samsung advertize contrast in 6 digit or even 7 digit.where will this stop,like what happend in audio where we had PMPO.so sony now doesn't even post the contrast ,imo.
only few companies post modest contrast ratio like sharp.

Interesting! However, when looking at the W & V series in the showroom, it was hard to find the contrast difference. Both appeared equal. Infact, the 40S550 also appeared almost identical. The PQ on all these 3 was 'almost' identical. Maybe I was not looking hard enough.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back