Samsung8series SmartTv + Onkyo 9300 THX

nirmal_kumar

I have got my 1.5TB hdd with hd movies connected to my Samsung smart tv via USB..my tv can read the hdd without any glitch..play almost all formats flawlessly.:yahoo::yahoo:....BUT THE AUDIO ????? :sad:
I have connected my tv's optical out to Onkyo AVR optical in...when I play movies with hd audio..initially the sound output from tv is PCM...I have to go to sound settings>>spdif out>>Dolby digital...I can hear tru hd audio no issues..:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:BUT if I stop it/scroll it/fast forward/rewind it...the audio setting reverts back to PCM....:sad:but the amp indicates the signal incoming as DD/DTS...U can easily tell by the diff in sound...so I will have to again go back to sound settings change from DD>>PCM ..then again change it PCM>>DD.IT'S quite irritating some times....:mad:but here is the catch..the above said problem arises only in videos/movies....when audio mp3/flacs play appropriately....both AVR and tv are just 6 months old...pls guide me if any setting changes to be done.....

Dear Nirmal

I would suggest that you do the software update of the TV firmware. It might solve your problem.

I've also read in the past elsewhere that External HDD with over 1TB capacity do sometimes cause issues. One way you can counter this would be by partitioning your HDD.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I have the same issue , it was only yesterday that I discovered that they only have a digital out and no other option like HDMI .

Prosenjit , do you have a link to the media player . I have never used one before and am not sure what functionality this one provides . Once you give me a model number or a link , I'll lookup reviews on youtube to see what it can do for me .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back