Sansui Deluxe 8 Reciever

kuruvilajacob

I purchased this legendary Reciever couple of years ago. It needed some component replacements as it used to show signs of loud sound like cracker bursting from time to time . So I had to change the caps etc. After that also, it wasn't sounding open. I was disappointed. It had an awesome FM . So my friend who had an office in Kochi borrowed it to play it in his office. So it used to play throughout the day. Recently I purchased a Allison Accoustics AL 125 speakers. None of my amplifiers except my Sansui AU 9500 could drive them. But the 9500 was doing duty in another room with another pair of Tensai speakers. So I asked my from to return the Sansui Deluxe 8. When I hooked it up to my Allison accoustics AL 125, the result was amazing. They don't make amplifiers like these anymore unfortunately

I purchased this legendary Reciever couple of years ago. It needed some component replacements as it used to show signs of loud sound like cracker bursting from time to time . So I had to change the caps etc. After that also, it wasn't sounding open. I was disappointed. It had an awesome FM . So my friend who had an office in Kochi borrowed it to play it in his office. So it used to play throughout the day. Recently I purchased a Allison Accoustics AL 125 speakers. None of my amplifiers except my Sansui AU 9500 could drive them. But the 9500 was doing duty in another room with another pair of Tensai speakers. So I asked my from to return the Sansui Deluxe 8. When I hooked it up to my Allison accoustics AL 125, the result was amazing. They don't make amplifiers like these anymore unfortunately
Sansui amps are just awesome. Have been a fan of Sansui and have had them for about 3 decades. Paring with right speakers is even better.

I have a separate post on this amplifier earlier. But after it was continously used for about a year, the amplifier is a totally different beast . So , I feel that vintage amplifiers like these needs to be used extensively for it to sound best because they may not have been used for a very long time in some cases.

Me too. Could you please recommend some speakers.
Pairing of speakers with Sansui Amplifiers is something to be done by trial and error. Generally, JBL vintage speakers go well with them. I am using JBL 4311 with AU 7900 Excellent combination. I have paired my AU 9500 with an unknown brand called Tensai. They are supposed to be made by Akai for European market. The 9500 goes very well with these speakers. Even Sansui's vintage speakers go well with their amplifiers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back