Sansui S-715

Amateur_Audiophile

Hi

I have a offer of a Sansui S-715 3 way speakers at a cheap price, is it recommended to buy these.
Searching on internet doesnt find much info on these speakers youtube is full of Videos on S-715 but none is in English.

My experience is with sp series only. I am speaking what i read on other forums. Personally, I would not buy them.

Buy only if you are in dire need of speakers and need them as stop gap arrangement and the offer is ridiculously cheap.

If you plan to keep them then a big no.

so you mean, S-715 is junk and should be avoided?
on the contrary, these are very nice speakers... i have had a pair 20 yrs ago... they are designed as per JBL kind of spec... and while they are not the most sought after by collecters here, they do have a good reputation.. by them if you're getting them at a reasonable price... do not pay a crazy price.

on the contrary, these are very nice speakers... i have had a pair 20 yrs ago... they are designed as per JBL kind of spec... and while they are not the most sought after by collecters here, they do have a good reputation.. by them if you're getting them at a reasonable price... do not pay a crazy price.

Are you sure they were S series. I haven't come across a single post which say they were nice but then the same may have been biased.

I hope OP gives a listen to them and update here.

thanks for the inputs, I am getting one pair for less than 5k, is that reasonable?

Last edited:
Hi

I have a offer of a Sansui S-715 3 way speakers at a cheap price, is it recommended to buy these.
Searching on internet doesnt find much info on these speakers youtube is full of Videos on S-715 but none is in English.

thanks for the inputs, I am getting one pair for less than 5k, is that reasonable?
I think they're very nice speakers, I've used S-915 they were really good. I think it's a good buy. And the price is a steal, because recently a guy quoted 18K for S-715.

Better to buy some new ones as the old ones seem to deteriorate with time and the quality is not what you expect.... The rubber around the speakers is normally eroded from underneath. Specially if the speakers have not been used for a long time

i have a offer for a pair of Sansui S-915 but am opting for a Pioneer - 403 with 12" woofers and it mint condition

Also have a Sansui S-770 in mint condition

Sansui S-915 not very good condition

Attachments

• PIONEER-CS-403-classic-Vintage-3-way-Hi-Fi-speaker.jpg
    PIONEER-CS-403-classic-Vintage-3-way-Hi-Fi-speaker.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 35
  • s-u770.jpg
    s-u770.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 33
  • sansui-915.jpg
    sansui-915.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 34
I recently came to aquire these speakers and not in good condition and are probably repaired in 35 us dollars. But I am happy with them. I noticed
1. sound quality, clarity, stage is very good.
2. you can hear everything all of music at moderate volumes.
3. big speakers kind of bring sound ambience and and make you involved in the music.
4. moderate bass
5. distorts on high volume.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back