Santa Alias Shafic came by my home tonight!!

reubensm

Yes, Santa came by our home tonight, and its not even Christmas yet, read on to find out how...

It all started when a week or so, ago when our fm Shafic posted an advert (http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/46836-lps-sale.html) for selling off some of his LPs. Now, I have never purchased pre-used Hindi vinyl before but in the recent past, I have diversified my music tastes a bit and have started listening to Hindi music. Hence, thought it would be a good idea to get some Hindi vinyl and add to my vinyl library. I picked up lot-3 from shafic. Meanwhile Shafic came out with another advert (http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/46911-gem-my-treasure-sale.html) where he listed the Boney M Christmas album among others. Now, the Boney M Christmas Album is the only Boney M title which I have on CD, have all the other Indian releases on LP, hence was interested. When I got in touch with him, he pleasantly surprised me (infact shocked me) by telling me that he would gift me this LP, from his personal collection (as he had already committed the advertised lot to another fm). He said it would be his Christmas gift for me. Simply Amazing!! He also asked me about my kids and we completed the transactional logistics. The courier fare came up to much more than expected and he went to great lengths to ensure that I have to pay much less, even though it cost him Rs.200 extra for local commute (again he refused to let me pay the additional Rs.200). He packed it wonderfully well and sent it to me by Trackon, received the package late today evening and family was pleasantly surprised while opening it, here are the pictures in sequence of opening the box:

the beautifully packed and labeled box is slit open:

661i.jpg

a layer of thermocol covers what lies beneath:

ypuh.jpg

removal of the thermocol layer reveals lovely gifts for my 2 sons:

b5rt.jpg

they just loved the books:

gwt9.jpg

another thick layer of sponge packing below the children's gifts:

hjcp.jpg

on removing the sponge layer, yet another gift-wrapped packet:

0al2.jpg

by the looks of it, its got to be a LP:

1wa.JPG

finally down to the records, so well packaged in a plastic bag, and covered with pimpled plastic layers:

fook.jpg

another pic of the record pack:

z2x2.jpg

the package removed from the box reveals the simple but highly effective and safe side thermocol layers:

kb0d.jpg

and finally, the records un-wrapped:

s38k.jpg

and yes, that's my Christmas present:

xa8l.JPG

Simply magnificent and this is by far the best audio purchase I have ever made. The records are in splendid condition and all with lovely inner sleeves.

Thanks Shafic, you made our day and without doubt, you've made this year's Christmas, very special for us. You've also set new standards for classified sales on HFV and you've also shown what all of us at HFV mean to each other. We truly are one big family. God Bless!!

Last edited:
Ruben,

For the first time I talked to Safic was last weekend.

He is a gentle man to the core , humble and frank in his talks. I can sense he has a lot of helping tendency. A true audiophile.

PS: This particular Christmas album is with me for almost a decade !! Good stuff..

started playing the records today, noticed that they were all cleaned and with mostly brand new plastic inner sleeves - fantastic!!

Hats Off Shafic! I am glad to be in company of such fine Gentlemen.
Thanks Reuben for sharing it so interactively.

Regards,
Saket

Hi REUBEN,
Thank you very much. This is pretty embarrassing to say the least.Today morning I just emerged from a two day carnival of visiting relatives (20 people). Groggy eyed, I logged into the forum, only to be jolted awake with the pleasant shower of praise coming my way.
I was reminded of a quote from my favourite novel, Ponvilangu (Tamil) by N.Parthasarthy. He says, " Praise as well as criticism make a man halt in his tracks for a minute".
I have always believed, that if you do something, you should do it right. You are right Reuben this forum is like a brotherhood.I am proud to be part of it. We are all here to help each other. We also sell and buy stuff from each other.To do this honestly and with the view to help each other should be the underlying concept.
I need to add that, to appreciate somebody's efforts also needs a big heart and so a very big Thank you to everybody.
Regards,

Shafic

And Santa Shafic's come again today. Received the children's LPs and firstly it was so well packed, it took me nearly 15 minutes to open up the pack and get to the LPs. What wonderfully secure packaging. Never received records so well packed, before (except for the earlier package from Shafic himself, mentioned in this thread). Opened it up to find 2 surprises, there were 3 additional LPs in it, wow!! yet another Christmas gift for me and once again, there were the much appreciated little gifts for the kids. Lovely!!

Can't find the words to thank you Shafic, God Bless!!

ddli.jpg

I do not know any of the FMs personally, but this forum (the regular visitors and contributors) is full of amazing people. Thanks Reuben for sharing, thanks Shafic for your gesture, it is one thing to be the recipient of a good deed, it must feel great and a beautiful humbling experience, but to know of a good deed of generosity is equally heart warming and inspires you to act in the same vein. Beautiful, makes life worth living.
Thanks again Shafic and thanks Reuben for sharing.

:clapping: +1 to all what has been said about Shafic:clapping: Had a wonderful experinece dealing with Shafic:clapping: Thank you Shafic

FM's its good to know that this Santa works around the year :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back