• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Satellite speakers

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker

Akshit2111

I currently have a 3.0 system. Initially i thought of buying htib but instead thought of buildimg my own system slowly. Since i was on a tight budget initially, i got towers and AVR as my first purchase. I didnt know much about audio at that point of time as i feel i got a little underpowered avr compared to my speakers. I added center therafter( though did not feel much of a difference). Now the question is what should be my next target.. like should i get a sub first, should i upgrade my amplifier, should i get sattelite speakers and complete my 5.0 system.. i am confused as to what should i save for initially.
Towers- polk RTI A7
centre- polk csi a4
AVR-- pioneer vsx 831

ravenus

If your amp is underpowered there's no point adding more load to it with additional speakers, so it may benefit you more to first upgrade the amp.

tuff

I would suggest going for a sub woofer as it should take some load off the amplifier, and the speakers.