SB Touch experience!

If an external HDD plugged into SBT directly doesn't work well I would like to know if a NAS drive would be faster?
t.

There are reports of people running SB Server on the NAS itself, a pogoplug would do just fine. and save lot of electricity in the process.

And then why to have flacs, why not convert everything to WAV when memory is so cheap.

I have a different issue, I have a goflex home nas on which a sb server can be run , only thing is that SB touch needs atleast 7.5+ where my nas supports 7.3 and I do not want to touch the stock OS on it.

And then why to have flacs, why not convert everything to WAV when memory is so cheap.

I wonder what difference it would make converting flac's to WAV as both are lossless formats.

Its not been few days since I was happy that all the issues related to wireless connectivity were fixed and now the internet provider upgraded the firmware of the modem and all the SB Touch issues I mentioned were all back :sad:
Its working only hard-wired to the router and computer or the annoying Rebuffering issue is back.

And the web control UI is not that user friendly as the foobar. May be coming from the foobar + DAC background I feel like going back to it again.
Reluctantly have to list my SB touch on ebay. It will get sold and end of story :lol:

I'm comfortable using my CD-P as a primary source.

now the internet provider upgraded the firmware of the modem
One day, I found that something called TR-069 had "appeared" (one of those upgrades, no doubt) on my modem. It allows the ISP to poke their nose in. I disabled it, but I'm not sure how they managed to do the upgrade in the first place, as I thought I'd denied all remote access.

Folks,

Sadly, my pleasant experience with SBT came to a pause in March. I accidentally burned my SBT by plugging in my Lacie HDD's 12V input into it. I spoke to Denom, Srini and had couple of exchanges with GeorgeO. No local electronics guy dared to open it. So, I've sent it to US as its under warranty. Not sure if Amazon will send a new piece or repair the one I've sent. Will have to wait a long time till I lay my hands on it. Now I'm listening to music through crappy output from laptop's headphone jack to my amp. So shallow and lifeless it sounds now.:sad:.

So guys, please be careful with your electrobabes.:(

Regards,
Kevian

Always better to sticker / mark the adapters.

Hopefully amazon will send you a replacement / or repair the unit.

You will be very lucky to get a replacement under warranty, given that the damage was caused by yourself.

Had an experience with using a spare router a couple of days back: couldn't work out why it was constantly rebooting --- then I realised I'd plugged in the power supply from the usual router rather than its own. Thankfully, it just rebooted rather than frying.

Hoping you do have the luck and will be listening to a new SB soon :)

Thanks Guys. SBT is with my friend in US now. He will talk to Amazon during this weekend. Lets see how it goes. GeorgeO got a replacement from Logitech which was out of warranty sometime ago in US. So, fingers crossed.

Regards,
Kevian

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back