Second Nakamichi Tri tracer 1000 and other Naks

kuruvilajacob

Hi folks,
I just bought a second Nakamichi 1000 Tri tracer plus I added a 582 , and ordered a Nak 600 mark 2 and a 500. I was fortunate to buy a lot of excellent quality professionally recorded cassettes. The most enjoyable thing is that many of my favourite music of the 80's are only on the cassettes. But I find that the pre recorded cassettes are no where near in quality to the ones I have recorded on on blank tapes

Congrats. I have seen pics of Naks bought by you in a whatsapp group. The fun part is one of the member asking its price, probably he thought you have posted those for sale.
Since the good quality sources of 80's music are rare and you have those in cassette format it is worth buying such expensive gears. This appears to be quite heavy. What internal stuffs are there ? Is there a power amp section in it?

Hi folks,
I just bought a second Nakamichi 1000 Tri tracer plus I added a 582 , and ordered a Nak 600 mark 2 and a 500. I was fortunate to buy a lot of excellent quality professionally recorded cassettes. The most enjoyable thing is that many of my favourite music of the 80's are only on the cassettes. But I find that the pre recorded cassettes are no where near in quality to the ones I have recorded on on blank tapes
What is the source of your recordings which sounds better than the pre-recorded cassettes? Is there a specific procedure to be followed while recording?

Congrats. I have seen pics of Naks bought by you in a whatsapp group. The fun part is one of the member asking its price, probably he thought you have posted those for sale.
Since the good quality sources of 80's music are rare and you have those in cassette format it is worth buying such expensive gears. This appears to be quite heavy. What internal stuffs are there ? Is there a power amp section in it?
It's a pre deck. It has no power amplifier. There's a pre board which is excellent. That's one of the reasons for a good reproduction . Yes, the 1000 Tri tracer is the first 3 head deck of Nakamichi. It was made to last a long time and there are better decks from Nakamichi but my favourite are these.

What is the source of your recordings which sounds better than the pre-recorded cassettes? Is there a specific procedure to be followed while recording?
Unfortunately, I am not an expert at recording. I managed to buy a lot of tapes from someone who is a professional guy who recorded from tapes and CDs. The quality is top notch.

The source of recording is tapes and CDs. I did not record them. I am sure there must be many who will be able to answer your doubts

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back