Building my first (and second) subwoofer

The only drawback with Pro drivers is that you cannot find a driver with lower Fs. say like 20Hz or below, But then if you are OK with it then why not, Try them you wont be depressed. Right now i am on a Project with Pro-drivers intended only for music.
Secondly, do not go for local brands in Pro Audio, the only reason i am saying this is because you wont find their TS parameters and would end-up messing it all, Instead select a Brand like Beyma, Fatal Pro, B&C, etc, these companies have their published parameters and you can design your own enclosures properly with them of TS parameters..

For high sensitivity large dia subwoofer for home applications one can very well get away with conventional plate amps...say 200W

In a home application high power amps are not required is my reading
You are right bro..
However such subs need equalization to get the results..

You are right bro..
However such subs need equalization to get the results..

a decent plate amp will have basic eq functions...

all i am trying to say is that

a. good quality large dia high sensitivity ( 93 dB and above ) pro drivers are good for the job from reputed manufacturers mentioned in @sadik post

b. larger dia means fuller lower ends and more enjoyable than a smaller sub claiming to go deep low.

anyways - its the OP's call - so i leave it here.

22-23Hz to 52-53Hz looks like the usable freq range from this graph. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Between 50 - 90Hz (Crossover point), the graph looks shabby due to room modes.. If one has the liberty to move the subs, then the graphs will change..

I'm also looking forward to build a Subwoofer to go well with my full range driver Stereo Setup. However wanted to connect using REL kind of High Level Input so that connection can come parallel from my Lyrita 2a3 amp.

I'm in Bangalore. Let me know if any one have interested for a similar project so that we can do it jointly. Hope that can make it DIY work faster, easier.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back