Second sub woofer.

balabemct

Hi all.
My room size is 11*16 feet. I have Denon 2400 H receiver.
And my speakers are 5.1 (pol audio).Rti A5 as Tower,CS A6 as centre, RTI A1 as surround and Polk PRO 660 as sub. (Down fire).

I want to upgrade to 5.2.2 pls suggest which kind of second sub woofer i can go for it and suggest me best Dolby atmos speakers in market.

Since the first sub woofer is atmost the high level is there any need to go for second sub ??
Pls advice..

I would suggest you setup what you have ....run audyssey and use for a few days....the speakers you have are good and more capable of performance....dont think a second sub is really required unless you find something lacking. Some add a second sub just to get uniformity of low frequencies......the 660 is capable enough.......placement matters....depends on the room (treated / untreated)....

Most use in ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos and there is a variety of them available....some use mini satellite / bookshelf type too...all depends on how you will mount them,,,,and where you will mount them......there is nothing like the best or worst.....in my opinion the speaker that can handle maximum frequencies between the spectrum of 20hz to 20khz is ideal.....ensure you get proper impedance matching so that the AVR does not have a problem......look at speakers which are minimum 6 - 8 ohms....

pls suggest which kind of second sub woofer i can go for it

Preferably 2nd identical one (same sub as your existing sun, Polk Pro 660)..

Since the first sub woofer is atmost the high level is there any need to go for second sub ??

Yes.. Regardless of how expensive your first sub is, adding a 2nd sub will help overcome someone of the low freq issues in any room and overall increase in SPL in low freq (<= 80hz)..

suggest me best Dolby atmos speakers in market.

Since you already have Polk speakers, better to choose Polk in-ceiling speakers if you have false ceiling.. If not, you may settle for Polk OWM 3/5, which is easier to mount on concrete ceiling using external brackets..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back