Seeking Advice on Upgrading from Mission QX2 MK2 Speakers

SanVJ

Hey everyone,

Looking to upgrade from Mission QX2 MK2 speakers (bought in July 2023). Current setup: Marantz PM6007 amp and Polk HTS12 sub. Any suggestions for a quality upgrade within a budget of 1 lakh? Appreciate your input!

Hey everyone,

Looking to upgrade from Mission QX2 MK2 speakers (bought in July 2023). Current setup: Marantz PM6007 amp and Polk HTS12 sub. Any suggestions for a quality upgrade within a budget of 1 lakh? Appreciate your input!
I upgraded from QX2 MK2 to Indiq Audio Signature Mishra V2 after hearing a lot of stuff costing multiple lacs. SMV2 at 85k is a steal deal.

I might have overestimated my budget earlier. Consider my maximum budget is 70k.

To add more context, I upgraded from Q Acoustics 3020i to Mission QX2 MK2 in July 2023. Initially, when I heard the Mission speakers for the first time, I was a bit shocked as it felt like a downgrade from the Q Acoustics. The sound was somewhat unexciting, although the soundstage was better, and the treble was smoother compared to the Q Acoustics.

However, after a few weeks, I started to appreciate or, one could say, got used to that sound. Now, after 7 months, I'm looking to upgrade my speakers.

My brother is coming from Singapore next month, so I can ask him to buy a speaker from there. I noticed that some speaker prices are lower than in India:
  • Elac DBR62: 40k
  • Elac B6.2: 21.5k
  • Wharfedale Denton: 59k
  • Diamond 12.2: 30k
I understand the list is a bit scattered, but would any of the speakers mentioned above be an upgrade from my Missions?

Last edited:
I might have overestimated my budget earlier. Consider my maximum budget is 70k.

To add more context, I upgraded from Q Acoustics 3020i to Mission QX2 MK2 in July 2023. Initially, when I heard the Mission speakers for the first time, I was a bit shocked as it felt like a downgrade from the Q Acoustics. The sound was somewhat unexciting, although the soundstage was better, and the treble was smoother compared to the Q Acoustics.

However, after a few weeks, I started to appreciate or, one could say, got used to that sound. Now, after 7 months, I'm looking to upgrade my speakers.

My brother is coming from Singapore next month, so I can ask him to buy a speaker from there. I noticed that some speaker prices are lower than in India:
I understand the list is a bit scattered, but would any of the speakers mentioned above be an upgrade from my Missions?
Try to audition and check that can better. Instead of simply buying with audition.

Unfo

I understand the list is a bit scattered, but would any of the speakers mentioned above be an upgrade from my Missions
Unfortunately no one can comment on that as audio is truly and absolutely subjective, personal. Only way to know for sure is to audition yourself!

Hey everyone,

Hi
Don't invest money without audition, sounding like vary from person to person, so before investing it check it is matching tonhour taste.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the responses. I've been busy with work lately, so I couldn't respond earlier.

The primary reason I sought advice is because I can't find a demo in my city. This post is to gather some ideas.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back