Seeking Advice Purchase Music system

sandhir

Hi!
I am a 74 years old music lover who likes to listen to western classical music, Jazz (New Orleans Classics type), Old Hindi pop, sitar/sarod vadan and classical music. I have a Philips home Theatre (Mini HiFi stereo) and Sony (6 speakers) high end home theatre. Don't like sound quality from both. Volume, yes but clarity of notes missing.
I want a music sytem which reproduces sound with not more than 0.1 % THD at all frequencies and has a frequency response range from 50 Hz to 25 kHz. My budget is Rs 25,000.00 Phonogram input is a must. I have Philips HiFi and Denin turntables. In tune with present times, a USB port that can accept pen drives and USB HDDs is desirable. Minimum 15 RMS sound output from both channels but I play at 1/4th to 1/5th voulme.Also wanted is a CD player with matching frequency responses (separate budget for this item). Good service centre from suppliers at Delhi is a must.
Essential that the system produces no sound or hum when played at maximum volume with blank CDs and blank vinyl records.

Last edited:
A holistic upgrade that incorporates cdp, amp, speakers and cables/IC is ideal. Even if you upgrade your amp or cdp alone, this might not assure you a good sound due to the existing disparate components.

Having said that the Pioneer A-A9MK2 has all the features you are looking for - although this might not fit in your budget. The A6 will give you most of its sibling's features but with out USB input and slightly lesser power.

aa9mk2_main_gallery.jpg

Alternatively you could check out a good all-in-one solution like the Marantz M-CR502 or Denon DM37

Happy auditions.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back