Selecting Full HD Projector

pkv

Hi Everyone
I am done with my Audio part. Epson K1 for the front, Q Acoustic Concept for Center and Q Acoustic 3010i for surrounds with Morel PSW - 8ew (Pre-owned) for sub.
Now I was moving to the video part and I first looked at budget projector like Wzatco S2/S6, did not like it at all. Took an audition of the Benq HD/720p model and there was so much of a difference.
Finally, after doing lots of research on the internet I zeroed on two models Optoma HD30 HDR and Benq TH585 models. Both cost around 60-65K.
I also came across a model from the US , ViewSonic PX701-4K model costing in the same range (But getting from the US by someone carrying it would take time for me).

Spec-wise Optoma HD30 HDR supports 4K and HDR, has 3800 lumens and a contrast ratio of 50000:1 while BenQ has 3200 lumens with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1. I could not figure out if Benq supports 4K & HDR signals or not. I have heard that BenQ brightness and pic quality are much better even though it has fewer lumens in comparison to Optoma. I am also trying to find a place in Bangalore where I can compare these side by side but have not been successful.

I am planning to use Apple TV, FireTV stick Connected to Denon X1500h and that connecting to Projector projecting on a 120-inch screen. Most of my content will be OTT and Atmos/4K movies downloaded. No Gaming.

Based on the experience of all FMs here please help me out in the following.

1. Is Optoma better or Benq. Also, does 4K & HDR10 support Optoma really improve the pic quality or it will just support that content?
2. Which has better service and lower spare part cost especially lamps.
3. Is there a place in Bangalore where I can take a demo of both the models?
4.Is there any other models which are available around that budget or with a little stretch of budget,
5 Is it worth getting the ViewSonic PX701-4K model which will carry no warranty and might run into the risk of paying customs/ damage during transportation (While hand carrying it). This is a native 4K model with 3200 lumens and a 240 Hz refresh rate.

Looking forward to moving closer in completing my setup with all of your support...

Hi Everyone
I am done with my Audio part. Epson K1 for the front, Q Acoustic Concept for Center and Q Acoustic 3010i for surrounds with Morel PSW - 8ew (Pre-owned) for sub.
Now I was moving to the video part and I first looked at budget projector like Wzatco S2/S6, did not like it at all. Took an audition of the Benq HD/720p model and there was so much of a difference.
Finally, after doing lots of research on the internet I zeroed on two models Optoma HD30 HDR and Benq TH585 models. Both cost around 60-65K.
I also came across a model from the US , ViewSonic PX701-4K model costing in the same range (But getting from the US by someone carrying it would take time for me).

Spec-wise Optoma HD30 HDR supports 4K and HDR, has 3800 lumens and a contrast ratio of 50000:1 while BenQ has 3200 lumens with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1. I could not figure out if Benq supports 4K & HDR signals or not. I have heard that BenQ brightness and pic quality are much better even though it has fewer lumens in comparison to Optoma. I am also trying to find a place in Bangalore where I can compare these side by side but have not been successful.

I am planning to use Apple TV, FireTV stick Connected to Denon X1500h and that connecting to Projector projecting on a 120-inch screen. Most of my content will be OTT and Atmos/4K movies downloaded. No Gaming.

Based on the experience of all FMs here please help me out in the following.

1. Is Optoma better or Benq. Also, does 4K & HDR10 support Optoma really improve the pic quality or it will just support that content?
2. Which has better service and lower spare part cost especially lamps.
3. Is there a place in Bangalore where I can take a demo of both the models?
4.Is there any other models which are available around that budget or with a little stretch of budget,
5 Is it worth getting the ViewSonic PX701-4K model which will carry no warranty and might run into the risk of paying customs/ damage during transportation (While hand carrying it). This is a native 4K model with 3200 lumens and a 240 Hz refresh rate.

Looking forward to moving closer in completing my setup with all of your support...
Optoma HD30 HDR was a no brainer at that price point and the features it offers. you can invest in a good screen to take the best out of it. I purchased it today. Please DM me the price for your audio setup. thanks

Optoma HD30 HDR was a no brainer at that price point and the features it offers. you can invest in a good screen to take the best out of it. I purchased it today. Please DM me the price for your audio setup. thanks
How much did you get it for and where in Hyderabad, i am also looking to purchase a projector , but i am divided between, BENQ TH585 and Optoma HD30HDR

How much did you get it for and where in Hyderabad, i am also looking to purchase a projector , but i am divided between, BENQ TH585 and Optoma HD30HDR
Hi, I am also short listed these 2 models. Which one is good? Did you finalised the one?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back