Sell Monitor Audio RX6 or Ship it to India

skn8881

Hi guys,

First post here.

I currently own a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RX6 and RXC. I am currently in Singapore and will be moving to India next month (Pune). I am torn between the idea of shipping these speakers there OR setup everything from scratch. I do own a Marantz receiver but will sell it off, since I want to upgrade to a 4K capable receiver.
My question is this -
If I ship these there, then I will need to buy an AVR and MA FX surrounds. I am not sure how much that can cost me.
Alternatively, I can sell these here, and come there and buy a proper 5.1 set fresh.
What are my options :
a) Monitor Audio Silver 200 AV12 - what would be the cost of this?
b) Q-Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack (replace the QAcoustics subwoofer with SVS PB1000)

What are other comparable options for me? Monitor Audio Bronze? Fyne Audio?

Shipping the RX6s +RXC would cost me approx Rs 35000 to 40000

I am just trying to figure out, what would be more cost effective and in the long run a good idea. Ship the RX6s,RXC + buy surrounds or buy a new set.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can safely recommend you to bring all you want from Singapore. For local purchases in India, the duties are prohibitive not to mention dodgy Dealer Support. If you are moving on Transfer of Residence you probably can take advantage of duty exemptions but I am not sure about the details on it.

Good luck with your move!

Hi guys,

First post here.

I currently own a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RX6 and RXC. I am currently in Singapore and will be moving to India next month (Pune). I am torn between the idea of shipping these speakers there OR setup everything from scratch. I do own a Marantz receiver but will sell it off, since I want to upgrade to a 4K capable receiver.
My question is this -
If I ship these there, then I will need to buy an AVR and MA FX surrounds. I am not sure how much that can cost me.
Alternatively, I can sell these here, and come there and buy a proper 5.1 set fresh.
What are my options :
a) Monitor Audio Silver 200 AV12 - what would be the cost of this?
b) Q-Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack (replace the QAcoustics subwoofer with SVS PB1000)

What are other comparable options for me? Monitor Audio Bronze? Fyne Audio?

Shipping the RX6s +RXC would cost me approx Rs 35000 to 40000

I am just trying to figure out, what would be more cost effective and in the long run a good idea. Ship the RX6s,RXC + buy surrounds or buy a new set.
To give you a perspective, most of the hifi audio products in India are twice (or more) than the cost in USA. Now i dont knw the costings in Singapore.
Depending on the time you have lived abroad, there are different categories of import tax exemption. So if your total products (not just audio but other stuff too) lie within the limit of the tax exemption, I will recommend you to not only bring the speakers, but also buy the new 4k capable receiver in Singapore itself if the prices are at par with the prices of USA.

To give you a perspective, most of the hifi audio products in India are twice (or more) than the cost in USA. Now i dont knw the costings in Singapore.
Depending on the time you have lived abroad, there are different categories of import tax exemption. So if your total products (not just audio but other stuff too) lie within the limit of the tax exemption, I will recommend you to not only bring the speakers, but also buy the new 4k capable receiver in Singapore itself if the prices are at par with the prices of USA.

Thanks. I am certainly leaning towards shipping the speakers. Not sure about the AVR but, as it will be new and it would attract 35% duty. Add shipping and insurance and it maybe the same price in India. But still let me check out the price of a new DENON 4K Atmos receiver here and add cost of shipping etc and compare with price in India.

Thanks for the insight...

It you are getting 80 to 100k INR then it's worth to sell and go for new LCR within the budget of 150k INR. MA Bronze 6 & Center , KEF Q950 & Center, Paradigm Premier 700f & Center are few options within budget. If you can safely ship the speakers without any duty then it's wise to go for shipping option. If shipping and duty cost less than 50k , it's advisable to ship the speakers.

Yes, I believe Shipping + Duty will be around 50k but it all depends on the customs officer. I will attach original receipt. Let see. Still making up my mind.

Hi,
I would recommend that you also consider if you are happy with the speakers.
If you are, then ship it and you can always think of upgrading later.
However the cost of most speakers will be more in India than abroad.
The speakers wont attract duty since its transfer of residence subject to certain conditions.
Rgds

Oh yes I am happy with the speakers. They have worked wonderfully so far. 7 years running. with these 3 and a new AVR + MA FX surrounds, the system should rock.

Oh yes I am happy with the speakers. They have worked wonderfully so far. 7 years running. with these 3 and a new AVR + MA FX surrounds, the system should rock.
There you have it.
Ship them across here since your on transfer of residence. No duty applicable.
And then take it forward from here.
Audition various setups in India. If you feel your system is still good enough taking into consideration the additional cost of a new setup then stay with it. Just add surrounds.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back