Sennheiser HD 598 SR - is any FM using

mani14

Dear All

I am planning to buy used sennheiser HD 598 SR
Do any one in this FM can give review about this headphone.

Well Mani , I am using the 598 SE since about 2 years. Its a very nice open back headphone and was decently priced when i bought mine. Having always used closed headphones my entry to open backs was first with the Sennheiser HD 437 which itself was a decent headphone. After a period of time my wife started enjoying these and I had to look for another and ended up with the 598SE. Being 50 Ohm it can be driven with normal ipods/mobiles but to extract the best performance you need to use a dedicated headphone amp. Even a simple Fiio M3K will make it shine.
It give a flat balanced performance but is not bass heavy. Please reconsider if you want thumping booming bass. I use it with my Fiio M11 or my Ipad and am quite happy with it.

Well Mani , I am using the 598 SE since about 2 years. Its a very nice open back headphone and was decently priced when i bought mine. Having always used closed headphones my entry to open backs was first with the Sennheiser HD 437 which itself was a decent headphone. After a period of time my wife started enjoying these and I had to look for another and ended up with the 598SE. Being 50 Ohm it can be driven with normal ipods/mobiles but to extract the best performance you need to use a dedicated headphone amp. Even a simple Fiio M3K will make it shine.
It give a flat balanced performance but is not bass heavy. Please reconsider if you want thumping booming bass. I use it with my Fiio M11 or my Ipad and am quite happy with it.
Thanks for your reply.

I do have the same on and I quite like it. The only problem for me though is the headband is leatherette and started breaking into small black particles. Is there anyway to replace it

I had been using the same for almost three-four years before I gave it to one of my friends. It has been excellent in sound reproduction both for movies and music. At first, it was sounding pretty flat abut after some burning time got over, it sounded excellent. You can get it on Amazon.in on Sale days a new piece for around Rs. 7000-8000.

Dear All

I am planning to buy used sennheiser HD 598 SR
Do any one in this FM can give review about this headphone.

I own the 598 (not the SR or SE version )- had bought it from headphonezone for around 14K 5/6 years back. Being a high impedance headphone, it’s best when used with a dedicated headphone amp. I don’t use it much , though.

Last time I had connected it to the Headphone out of Marantz CDP , sounded awesome.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back