Sennheiser HD205 spares help request

axeman

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD205 headphones. They have been heavily used, and now the earcups as well as the foam on the headband are wearing out, leading to spread of tiny black foam flecks everywhere. As can be understood, this makes a functionally perfect headphone utterly practically useless.

How can I get a set of replacement earcups as well as a new headband foam piece? All advice appreciated.

I have a HD-201 with the same issue of black flaking earcups. I haven't looked for replacement earcups for this model specifically, but in the past I was able to get replacement earcups from EBay for a Bose QuietComfort noise-cancelling headphone, and they fit perfectly and made it look like new. I suggest searching on EBay (the vendors for this kind of stuff are usually in China, Thailand or Hong Kong).

I have a HD-201 with the same issue of black flaking earcups. I haven't looked for replacement earcups for this model specifically, but in the past I was able to get replacement earcups from EBay for a Bose QuietComfort noise-cancelling headphone, and they fit perfectly and made it look like new. I suggest searching on EBay (the vendors for this kind of stuff are usually in China, Thailand or Hong Kong).

Thanks, but I have never bought anything online from Ebay China, Thailand or Hong Kong.

Sennheiser also has a sales and service network in India, worth checking with them,

I did send them an email, and followed up with calls, but never got any reply. Do you know anyone in Mumbai?

I finally got a reply to my email to Sennheiser India, and they state that only ear pads are available, and claim the headband foam is not replaceable at all. Can some one confirm? This is a wasted investment indeed if the headband foam is of such poor quality, and further cannot be replaced.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back