Sennheiser hd598sefor 8918/- only on amazon

Placed order for 598 SE(It says open back)on amezon.in lightning deal @ Rs. 6999... few minutes ago....:):)
I Do not have HDFC card, so don't know about further discounts...:sad:
Delivery will be on Thursday..... eagerly awaiting.... :)

I ordered on the 1st.. expected delivery on Saturday :sad:

6999 -15% cashback + 5% debit card points :yahoo:

I received in the morning, and then no one could have stopped me, I opened the second the delivery guy left.

I have had them on and off since then, and the highlights are:

1. almost like feathers, they just disappear on your head. (Compared to HD280 pro)
2. sound stage: definitely they are more revealing and do slightly lack in the bass department compared to HD280.
3. I see a discernible difference between the two, definitely a upgrade over all. Especially in the mids and highs.

Mind you, HD280 Pros are closed whereas 598 is open.

:):)

I received in the morning, and then no one could have stopped me, I opened the second the delivery guy left.

I have had them on and off since then, and the highlights are:

1. almost like feathers, they just disappear on your head. (Compared to HD280 pro)
2. sound stage: definitely they are more revealing and do slightly lack in the bass department compared to HD280.
3. I see a discernible difference between the two, definitely a upgrade over all. Especially in the mids and highs.

Mind you, HD280 Pros are closed whereas 598 is open.

:):)
Congrats for your buy. Open back headphones have charm of their own. I too find 598 is brighter than my 429. I like that as details come out very well. I suggest to turn on low light, sit in a silent room and listen ... 598 are just the right balance of comfort and sq

By the way, consider getting a DAC if you are not using one.

Thanks
Auro

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Give them some time to burn in,congrats.

Sure, my HD280s were way better after burn in.

Congrats for your buy. Open back headphones have charm of their own. I too find 598 is brighter than my 429. I like that as details come out very well. I suggest to turn on low light, sit in a silent room and listen ... 598 are just the right balance of comfort and sq

By the way, consider getting a DAC if you are not using one.

Thanks
Auro

I have decided on the DAC/AMP before I planned to get these.

SMSL m6 in the works, planning to get it hand carried by a friend from the UK.

Going a bit OT.....

What would a good closed back headphones in this price range. Amazon had a sale going on for the closed back equivalent of the HD598 called the HD598CS for the past few days for Rs 6999. I almost bit the bullet, but decided to hold on since there were very few reviews on this headphone. Seems to be a new product.

Any suggestions on a good closed back headphone? Priority is (1) wearing comfort (I do have a slightly large head, and big ears!), (2) sound quality (prefer a smooth treble & not a bass head) & (3) for use while travelling - so needs to be closed back. Price - max 10K

Am also thinking of getting the FiiO X3 Gen 2 (around 14K now) - any other good DAPs in this range?

Thanks,
APK

Guys try them with meridian explorer if you have chance to get that DAC from US. I feel it is faaaar better than the dragonfly.
Give them burn in time for around 60 to 70 hours you feel the difference.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Sennheiser Headphone HD 180 at Rs. 741/=

Dear friends,
Last week, just before the sale, I bought SD 180 for Rs. 741/= only. Now, they are asking Rs. 899/= 2 days after the sale. Why this rise? BTW, the phones are really good for their price.
Yours,
Subcenter2009

Re: Sennheiser Headphone HD 180 at Rs. 741/=

Dear friends,
Last week, just before the sale, I bought SD 180 for Rs. 741/= only. Now, they are asking Rs. 899/= 2 days after the sale. Why this rise? BTW, the phones are really good for their price.
Yours,
Subcenter2009
Is this off topic post on this thread? What is SD 180.?

If you are paying more than MRP, then you may consider contacting consumer forum, which will not be a wise difference considering the difference is so low.

If this is about how much discount the retailer is offering, then you do now have much choice to contest that. It's retailer s decision at what price point they want to sell their product.

Thanks
Auro

Re: Sennheiser Headphone HD 180 at Rs. 741/=

Dear friends,
Yours,
Subcenter2009

Sorry for the mistake.
Last week, just before the amazon.in sale, I bought Sennheiser HD 180 headphones for Rs. 741/= only. Sorry for the spelling mistake. Not "SD" but HD 180. Now, amazon.in is asking Rs. 899/= 2 days after the sale. Why this rise? BTW, the phones are really good for their price.:clapping:
Yours,
Subcenter2009

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back