Separate amp suggestions to be used with denon x2700h and q acoustic 3030i

soumyajit92

Hi guys, recently bought the denon x2700h and a q acoustic atmos setup. While for movies the denon is sufficient, what's the best way to improve the stereo quality out of my main fronts ie 3030i s. What amp should i get and how do i hook it up with the existing system so that i can switch between movies and music without any affect to the quality. The reason i'm worried about this is i knw for q fact avr are not that great when it comes to music and i cant have a sperate set of speakers just for stereo at the moment.

You might find some answers here:

I'm trying to tweak my stereo setup as well.

Hi guys, recently bought the denon x2700h and a q acoustic atmos setup. While for movies the denon is sufficient, what's the best way to improve the stereo quality out of my main fronts ie 3030i s. What amp should i get and how do i hook it up with the existing system so that i can switch between movies and music without any affect to the quality. The reason i'm worried about this is i knw for q fact avr are not that great when it comes to music and i cant have a sperate set of speakers just for stereo at the moment.
If you are planning to get an additional amplifier and hook it with 2700H, then I am afraid it's not possible since 2700H doesn't have pre-outs.

If you are planning to get an additional amplifier and hook it with 2700H, then I am afraid it's not possible since 2700H doesn't have pre-outs.
I was worried about this too. Anywah, so is there anyway i can use an amp switcher kind of device that ll switch between the stereo and the av receiver? Since plugging the speakers out and connecting to the stereo amp and then back again to the avr is really cumbersome.

I was worried about this too. Anywah, so is there anyway i can use an amp switcher kind of device that ll switch between the stereo and the av receiver? Since plugging the speakers out and connecting to the stereo amp and then back again to the avr is really cumbersome.

Check this

If not an issue can you pls post pics of your set up (esp the 3030i). Still confused between the Elac & these (sound & looks) & unfortunately can’t audition them in Mumbai.
Did you audition any others before buying? Hows the sound? (Mids, bass). Thanks in advance!

Denon AVR 2700h is sufficiently powerful to give good music listening sessions but comparing it with high end AVR or stereo amplifier will be the injustice with the capability of this AVR. But still I will suggest following options....
1. You may use line level converter to get pre out from speaker out.
2. You may invest your money in good floor standing speakers like 3050i to get better stereo sound.
3. You may properly integrate your subwoofer with AVR for better stereo sound.
4. Investing in good source is also one of the key factor for sound quality.
5. Placement of speakers, room acoustic, calibration, tone controls, bass management etc are some of the other options available to get desired sound.

Denon AVR 2700h is sufficiently powerful to give good music listening sessions but comparing it with high end AVR or stereo amplifier will be the injustice with the capability of this AVR. But still I will suggest following options....
1. You may use line level converter to get pre out from speaker out.
2. You may invest your money in good floor standing speakers like 3050i to get better stereo sound.
3. You may properly integrate your subwoofer with AVR for better stereo sound.
4. Investing in good source is also one of the key factor for sound quality.
5. Placement of speakers, room acoustic, calibration, tone controls, bass management etc are some of the other options available to get desired sound.

hi bro
pls check your denon avr x2700h manual

M PRE OUT connectors
Used to connect a subwoofer with built-in amplifier or a power amplifier
for ZONE2.
0 “Connecting the subwoofer” (v p. 37)
0 “Connection 2 : Connection using an external amplifier
(ZONE2)” (v p. 144)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back