Serious issue Pioneer Bdp 180

chlorophyll

Hi hifimates.
Bought this pioneer bdp 180 player 2months back.wifi worked like a charm. But recently i was shocked to see that player was unable to even to detect my wifi.
I reset it to default settings but of no use.please help find where the issue was
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I have seen this in the manual

This unit conforms to the IEEE802.11b/g/n Wi-Fistandards. Only 2.4 GHz is supported for the IEEE802.11n

Recently i changed my broadband plan. Does this gonna effect the so called 2.4Ghz which is suitable for bdp 180?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

ISP doesn't matter.

Did you change the router or router settings? Basically modern routers come with 802.11ac 5GHz b/w, but they also will have the older 2.4GHz b/w... so your BDP should work without issues.

Does it have ethernet port? If so connect via ethernet and see if it detects and gets on the network.

after latest update 1.08 subs were not displayed properly.wtf
within 2months wifi issue and now firmware bugs..

Have u tried to contact the support. They might help u in it since it is after the firmware update.

Please share how you got the issue resolved. Someone else with same problem could benefit by reading this thread.Thanks!

Please share how you got the issue resolved. Someone else with same problem could benefit by reading this thread.Thanks!
Sorry for not mentioning.actually i handed over to the service centre.He told it was some circuit problem and the wifi component was replaced very quickly.and now its al fine.

after latest update 1.08 subs were not displayed properly.wtf
within 2months wifi issue and now firmware bugs..
Do you recall the previous version? Where did you get the update 1.08. I am also trying to update the firmware but it's trying to install 1.10 from 1.02 and fails.

Any information will be really helpful

Do you recall the previous version? Where did you get the update 1.08. I am also trying to update the firmware but it's trying to install 1.10 from 1.02 and fails.

Any information will be really helpful
Never mind I figured it out.

I have the same issue updating firmware from 1.02 to 1.10 - it does not work. How did you solve the problem? Also, my player is DVD region free, do you know if it is safe to update firmware - it will not lock the region?

I have the same issue updating firmware from 1.02 to 1.10 - it does not work. How did you solve the problem? Also, my player is DVD region free, do you know if it is safe to update firmware - it will not lock the region?

I was trying to update the player with Asian firmware version, where in my player was an European one. So got the correct version and upgraded manually. First to 1.08 and then 1.10

Regarding region codes I am not sure about it. Better you check with customer support.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back