Servicing an old stereo amplifier in Pune

Kartc

Hi,

I would like to know if you could kindly suggest a good technician in PUNE who could repair an old Sansui stereo amplifier. It is like 20 years old and, while the speakers make some noise when connected, most of the tone controls including balance do not work.

I guess I need someone passionate about fixing these things other than just skills :)

Thanks.

Hi,

This guy is a Pro, he will come to your home and check it. Give him a call.
Name: Sharat Advani.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yes...Sharat is the best guy around.

Pune Guys are Lucky, In Bangalore,I cant find even a single Technician Who is ready to have even a look at servicing a Working Vintage Amplifie(20-40 yrs)r :).

Either they say, No parts available\Throw this I will get u better New System\ Whats wrong with you, using this old amp :)sad:) ,These system cannot be serviced or restored.

But FM @Krell from Forum suggested Power Electronics from Chennai who does Servicing from Machintosh to takai and in industry for Decades.They also own Torvin Brand.

Since its long to travel, I am hesitant to service my vintage Amp.

Anyways All the best for restoration , Vintage amps are best and can beat modern day amps *5 times Price,Once they are restored.

Last edited:
Repairing an old amplifier is usually a lot trickier. Usually the amplifier's repair and operational history is not known and owners are usually over-expectant. Also an older amplifier is better handled by a restoration guy, rather than a technician. Techs tend to run quick checks replace a few faulty components like bad transistors, or filter capacitors, etc and then return the amp, saying its perfectly alright, with a hefty bill. The owner will end up sorry after a short run, when the amp fails again. Older equipment needs to be thoroughly checked, working backwards from the powersupply. A good understanding of the design philosophy of the manufacturer is also very useful.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back