Servo Stabiliser with EMI/RF filters and Surge suppressor.

hi amit,

am guessing the earthing factor is not as important as the intrinsic way a servo stabilizer works vis a vis an isolation transformer. the basic difference in method of working will have more of an impact. if somebody could check it out would be great but some instinct makes me believe what i was told ie an isolation transformer would have less of a deletrious effect on the music. am guessing a servo is more for protection but an isolation transformer does clean up the power far better. murthy did say outright that with a servo the sound would be negatively affected and you could hear an improvement with an isolation transformer in its place.

regards

hi amit,

am guessing the earthing factor is not as important as the intrinsic way a servo stabilizer works vis a vis an isolation transformer. the basic difference in method of working will have more of an impact. if somebody could check it out would be great but some instinct makes me believe what i was told ie an isolation transformer would have less of a deletrious effect on the music. am guessing a servo is more for protection but an isolation transformer does clean up the power far better. murthy did say outright that with a servo the sound would be negatively affected and you could hear an improvement with an isolation transformer in its place.

regards

Can somebody tell me what is meant by cleaning the power supply? What does it do? Assume the voltage is almost steady (say around 225) w/o any (or much) fluctuation.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what is meant by cleaning the power supply? What does it do? Assume the voltage is almost steady (say around 225) w/o any (or much) fluctuation.

Well my understanding is, the electrcitiy supplied to our is impure bcos of the various noises it carries along when it passes from the time its produced to the time it reaches our house.

For example, a factory next to you or a garage using wielding machines or any factory in your power line. Even a household motor pump can induce it.

My understanding is a Servo cleans this and gives us pure electricity. Isolation Trans comes into picture when u have a ground loop or hum etc. but I am still learning :)

AE: Alpha has given a quote saying they will add an Isolation Transformer to a server at a very low cost like 600 rs extra for 3 KVa. Is that possible?

Sorry but good, reliable & well implemented Servos costs quite a bit since basic raw materials like iron, steel, copper etc all required are indeed greatly increased in their cost. Same holds true for isolation transformers. If I recall, Alacrity Isolation transformer of 1kVA may cost Rs 10k or upwards. Alacrity Krykard Servo of 1kVA should also be Rs 8.5k approx.

So these numbers should say what Alpha is about!!

How do we compare it? Bcos the specs looks the same :indifferent14:

any pointers plssss

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back