Setting up a dedicated space for Movie Watching - Need help with some of the aspects

Prodigy

Hello All,

Before i start, i would like to thank all the experts in this group who have helped me choose most of the stuff i currently own today.
Now that i have most of it, i have decided to set up a small HT in my secondary living room in the 1st floor at my new residence and i need guidance on preparing the room acoustically.
I have attached a pictorial representation of the room for your reference.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
SomUntitled.png

Last edited:
Hello All,

Before i start, i would like to thank all the experts in this group who have helped me choose most of the stuff i currently own today.
Now that i have most of it, i have decided to set up a small HT in my secondary living room in the 1st floor at my new residence and i need guidance on preparing the room acoustically.
I have attached a pictorial representation of the room for your reference.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
SomView attachment 38063
@MaSh Hello Sir,
I would be very thankful if you could throw some light in here
Regards,
Somanna

i have decided to set up a small HT in my secondary living room

- If you are planning to do only 5.1 set-up for now, you may consider moving the surround speakers even further behind your listening position, towards the corners of 12ft window, at ear level.. Getting the surrounds at ear level is good, slightly distant from the listening position is good..

- If it will be using a single sub-woofer in the room, then consider getting it close to your listening position.. Dual subs?

- Projectors throw ratio is approx 1.5.. I guess, you would need to position that near the 12ft window, to get ~ 150 inch diagonal screen..

If you wish to do a full 12ft wide screen, then you would approx get to 150 - 160 inch screen.. That is massive size.. As the screen becomes larger, it would be hard for you to position the center channel ideally, forcing you to reduce from the ideal ear height..

- Acoustic Transparent screen ?.. DIY should cost you less & best in my opinion as you can customize to your needs than the readily available vinyl screen.. You can also hide the fronts, center, including absorption panels..

- From the images, best is to do panels on the front wall.. Behind your projector screen (or) wherever you deem fit on the front wall..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back