Setup advice Yahama RX-V373 + AIRTEL HD + Sony 3d TV + Home Network(DLNA) - Help

snshah

Hello,
I have recently bought yamaha RX-V373 and NS-P40 speaker set and looking for help to have ideal connection setup which gives best experience and convenience.

Current Setup:
1. Sony 3D TV (KDL-40EX720) connected using HDMI cable with Airtel HD STB.
2. Blu-Player connected to TV using HDMI.
3. Home media library server (Win7 machine) (using DLNA) connected (via Ethernet port) with TV for watching stored movies and music.
4. Streaming HD and 3D content from youtube directly to TV.

Currently, TV is doing all audio out.

What do I look for having ideal setup?

1# I would like to use AV receiver with Airtel HD and could able to enjoy 5.1 (I know this is only possible with HD channels since, only HD channels currently comes with Digital Dolby capability) otherwise, stereo for SD channels.

2# When AV receiver is turned off, both video and audio should be routed to TV (would like to keep it easy for family.).

3# I have home network media library with movies (original DVDs) and wanted to listen 5.1 using AVR. I am not sure that this is possible or not but would be pretty excited if this is possible.

4# I would also like to hear 5.1 sound from youtube.

5# Lastly, I have got a blue-ray player and will play some blue-rays and enjoy movies with 5.1.

Many thanks to all of you in advance for your expert advice, idea and innovations which can bring life to this setup.

Thank you once again for reading my post and helping me out.

Thanks coolraghav but can you please suggest me for other points and can i know why point#4 is not possible. Just for knowledge purpose.

1. I am not sure if Airtel HD supports 5.1 audio through HDMI and if it doesn't then you will need to use the coaxial or optical out of the STB. Then in your AVR assign the optical/coaxial input to the HDMI port where you have connected the airtel stb and select the audio as digital instead of hdmi. Refer the avr manual for input assignment.

2. For this your avr should support Standby passthrough. If the avr doesn't have this feature then connect the stb directly to tv and the optical/coaxial out directly to avr for audio.

3. Not sure if the TV will passthrough 5.1 audio. Connect the optical out of TV to one of the optical input of the avr.

4. You will get virtual 5.1 from any sound source. Use dolby prologic ot dts neo6.

5. This is the right way to enjoy your movies.

Thanks baijuxavior for your response.

1. Airtel HD STB supports 5.1 audio only using optical/coax cable and only HD channels currently broadcast 5.1. Confirmed!!

2. Unfortunately, RX-V373 doesn't support standby passthrough feature. :sad:
So, I will have to connect Airtel HD STB directly to TV using HDMI input.

3. Thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try and see what I will get the output but pretty much excited as I have got good media library.

4. Thank you very much. I will check the sound mode which you suggested.

5. Should I connect blue-ray player using HDMI and for audio should i use coax/optical? Please suggest.

This is great. I will try this with blu-ray. I am wondering about connecting optical/coax cable from TV to AVR. Do we really need that?

Optical from TV is not needed if you are connecting all devices to AVR. It can be useful if you play movies from the USB port of TV as some tvs will passthrough Dolby Digital 5.1. But if you are using BDP then there is no need for this extra connection.

This is How I have connected Sony 55in 3D TV to Airtel+PS3+Yamaha AVR

1) Connect AVR with TV onto HDMI1 (This has ARC functions)
2) Connect Airtel to HDMI2
3) Connect PS3 to HDMI3. BD player can be used instead of PS3.
4) Connect Airtel to AVR using Optical/Co-axial AUDIO cables
5) Connect PS3 to AVR using Optical/Co-axial AUDIO cables

If you shutdown AVR both Audio and Video will be via HDMI to TV using TV speakers. If you start AVR, Sound will go to both TV and AVR at the same time. Keep TV muted. Sound will come from AVR.

Thanks,
Venkata

Thanks Venkata for detailed instructions and understood completely what you suggested. Couple of question with RX-V373 AVR and TV.

1. Should I keep enabled HDMI CEC feature and use it?
2. Should I keep keep enabled HDMI ARC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,
Please suggest me good cable for Airtel HD STB to connect with AVR.

Thanks for writing in advance.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back