Setup Denon AVR-2313ci 7.1 stereo on all channels

Nelzino

I have a Denon AVR2313ci 7.2 surround receiver. I want to set it up so that I can listen to stereo over all the 7 satellite speakers, or just the six satellites minus the center speaker, instead of having to listen to it either in only the front two speakers in stereo or listening to a stereo source in the Dolby surround setting, which often isolates some things (like vocal sounds, or the radio DJ's voice) to the center speaker, and gives a sound with a delay to the rear speakers, making a stereo music signal have an echo effect, etc.

Is there any way to do this after using the Audessy setup microphone to auto adjust the speaker sound? Would a manual setup help this? Is there a way to at least remove the delay effect from the Dolby setting? My old Denon AVR had a setting for '5 channel stereo' that allowed an even 5.1 stereo distribution and so I am surprised this newer amp doesn't have such a setting.

Also, when listening to the radio on Dolby surround setting, since the DJ voice, and sometimes music vocals and more, is separated to the center speaker, is that something encoded into the broadcast of radio stations in this "HD Radio" receiver?

Lots of questions, I know. Thanks for your help.

Isn't there a 'MULTICHANNEL STEREO' option under music modes? My Denon 1612 has this but I haven't tested whether the center channel also works in this mode.

When using Dolby prologic, the voice from TV or radio is separated to center channel.

Isn't there a 'MULTICHANNEL STEREO' option under music modes? My Denon 1612 has this but I haven't tested whether the center channel also works in this mode.

When using Dolby prologic, the voice from TV or radio is separated to center channel.
It works in Onkyo & Yamaha.

yup.. all I gotta do is switch from 2 Channel Stereo to 7 Channel Stereo.. and when I am not in the sweet spot or not even in the room I can listen to the song clearly and get the lyrics anywhere in my home .. check if you repetitively press the stereo mode button will it work?

Yeah, my old Denon 5.1 amp had this option, for "5 channel stereo", but this newer one has no such keys on the remote. There are four keys marked with these options: Music, Movie, Game, and Pure Direct, which seems kindof like the old pre-sets for Surround parameters. Game and Movie seem to do the same thing (7.1). Hitting stereo repeatedly doesn't do it either, and Pure Direct just seems to cut the volume way down.

Thank you, it worked when I pushed music a lot of times, in quick succession, which is more than a little counter-intuitive. Much appreciated.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back