Setup for pure blues and classic rock

mayukh80

hello !!

I have posted a thread a couple of days back expressing my disappointment with Marantz SA 7001 and the trouble I had experienced with it for the last 8 years.

Going by the progress, I am sure that revival of it has hit a dead end. End of hardware cannot keep the call of the heart to experience music... aint it??

So as on date I am without a system for the last 5 months and my heart bleeds to have a system up & running one !!

I have had a few research on this front but the sheer good literature has made me more confused :(

I am relying on the pool of talent here to show me a path ...

I am looking forward to invest on a CDP, network player and a couple of bookshelf !!

My current set -up is already provided in my digital signature.

Budget as of now for CDP/network player is around 80K. Later will invest around 55-60K on speakers.

I am into pure blues/ blues-rock/classic rock/Indian classical/ instrumentals most of the time... sometime love to indulge in heavy rock/metal/gothic metal/folk music.

Please suggest!!

Take a look at this: https://www.hifimart.com/electronics/cd-player/marantz-nd8006-digital-music-source-player.html
It is an all-in-one sort of a solution but I don't think you will be disappointed.
hey Shibashis ....oshonkyo dhonyobad :) for the inputs !! I have had my eye on this for a while but after a bit of research I realised that jack of all trades won't keep us contended in long run... dedicated hardwares are required for the long run...because once you are into this.... with time one gets to get a feel of the shortcomings..

hey Shibashis ....oshonkyo dhonyobad :) for the inputs !! I have had my eye on this for a while but after a bit of research I realised that jack of all trades won't keep us contended in long run... dedicated hardwares are required for the long run...because once you are into this.... with time one gets to get a feel of the shortcomings..
Mayukh da, agreed that all in one solutions probably fall short in the long run when you are in the pursuit of that elusive audio nirvana.
Having said that though, speaking from experience my NA8005 is quite a capable equipment. I am happy with its output, it does a nice job as a DAC. Initially the networking side of things were an absolute nightmare but after 3 major updates, there has not been any issues at all.
Can you get better sound quality than this one? Sure you can but what it does is quite satisfactory.
I would expect something similar from the ND8006 as well.
For 80K, do you have any model/brand you are looking at?

Mayukh da, agreed that all in one solutions probably fall short in the long run when you are in the pursuit of that elusive audio nirvana.
Having said that though, speaking from experience my NA8005 is quite a capable equipment. I am happy with its output, it does a nice job as a DAC. Initially the networking side of things were an absolute nightmare but after 3 major updates, there has not been any issues at all.
Can you get better sound quality than this one? Sure you can but what it does is quite satisfactory.
Thanks Sibhashis for hands on review and input.
i have two queries
1. the price tag quoted is too sweet to ignore. but i am not able to get that quote.
2. as suggested by other forum members, i would like to give a last shot on SA7001. Do you know any guys at Kolkata? I have given up at Delhi

Heard SA8005 is stunning. One of the reputed forum member informed me to check out. It has USB & coaxial to connect PC. Not sure about wireless streaming

If I remember right then SA8005 and NA8005 has the same DAC section, at least that is what I read when I was doing my research on the NA8005.
So unless you are coming from a really high-end DAC, chances are you will not be let down.
If you can devote a PC or say an old laptop for playback then getting the SA8005 makes sense, there will be no need for a separate network player and you will get a fantastic CD player + DAC.

I found out that the NA8005 compliments my PM8005 really well. I had the Emotiva DC-1 before, I adored the Emotiva but it did not bring the best out of the Marantz. NA8005 however is a different story, the 8000 line are all matched components, possibly designed to create a full system complimenting one another and their paring actually shows that.
The Emotiva is singing well at someone else's place.

If I remember right then SA8005 and NA8005 has the same DAC section, at least that is what I read when I was doing my research on the NA8005.
So unless you are coming from a really high-end DAC, chances are you will not be let down.
If you can devote a PC or say an old laptop for playback then getting the SA8005 makes sense, there will be no need for a separate network player and you will get a fantastic CD player + DAC.

I found out that the NA8005 compliments my PM8005 really well. I had the Emotiva DC-1 before, I adored the Emotiva but it did not bring the best out of the Marantz. NA8005 however is a different story, the 8000 line are all matched components, possibly designed to create a full system complimenting one another and their paring actually shows that.
The Emotiva is singing well at someone else's place.
thanks once again for sharing your experience. The problem with me is my amp is from CA (740A). I didnt get any inputs on pairing the ND8006 with CA -740.

How would Arcam CDS50 would do? or audiolab 6000N + Dedicated transport?

Just a thought !!

I unfortunately have no idea on any of these models, since you are not looking to change your amp why not try the CXN and CXC? Both have very good feedback. My brother has both of them and really vouches for their quality.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back