Sharp Aquos Quattron LC-70LE733U

shaizada

Hey Folks,

I'm really really behind on TV's just because never was much into watching...more into listening ;)

Anyhow, I just picked up this 70" LED beauty for my family room and am quite taken aback at the quality of this set.

I was thinking that the Quattron technology is just another gimmick, but the picture quality of the set says otherwise. I've been tweaking it the past day or two and am really happy with the purchase decision.

Here is a general image of this TV off the web:

34477615_OVR_440x330.png

And here is the Sharp Website for the features/tech:

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/LC70LE733U.aspx

Last edited:
Looks like no one really cares much for Sharp TVs. Anyhow, just wanted to put it out there for people looking for alternative options.

If anyone has any questions, ask away and I'll try to answer them the best I can :)

Cool TV, 70 incher :licklips: ..Did u check out the 835 and 9xx series ?

What price you paid for this toy?

Good to see you back after a long hiatus.

Sharp is very hard to find by, when you find one they are not in the ball park of the other manufacturers, so not many would be very keen.

Plus 70 inch TV's are impossible, I think the largest size available here is 65 inches.

What other TV's did you consider in this price range?

Do show some pictures of the TV playing full HD material, so that one can appreciate the quality of the same.

Its a VERY decent TV, good 3D as well.

This particular unit doesn't have 3D. I looked at other 3D units, but to me it is very gimmicky. I just didn't want to have to wear glasses when watching TV. Nor would anyone else in my family care to wear them either.

Cool TV, 70 incher :licklips: ..Did u check out the 835 and 9xx series ?

What price you paid for this toy?

I did check out other TV's in the Sharp series, but really wanted a nice 70" because we have the space for it. The wall mount just came in today for it as well, so should have it on the wall soon. With a 5 year warranty, I paid $2800 including tax for the TV. The warranty is unparalleled as it is a straight exchange for an equal or better model of the TV should anything go wrong.

Good to see you back after a long hiatus.

Sharp is very hard to find by, when you find one they are not in the ball park of the other manufacturers, so not many would be very keen.

Plus 70 inch TV's are impossible, I think the largest size available here is 65 inches.

What other TV's did you consider in this price range?

Do show some pictures of the TV playing full HD material, so that one can appreciate the quality of the same.

Yeah, I never thought I would every buy any kind of Sharp TV :) Some other's I was looking at were the Samsung UN60D7050, Panasonic TC-60PS34 and the Sony XBR-HX929 (The best picture quality that I saw).

In the end, the colors and size of the Sharp won out. This particular Sharp model is also a FULL ARRAY LED instead of an Edge Lit. All these TV's were very close to each other but the Sony was really exceptional. I Will probably pick up the Sony for my bedroom in the near future. For the family room, the 70" picture quality and size were just perfect so we picked it up. Loaded it my SUV (thought it wouldn't fit but it did!) and brought it home.

The Sharp 70" is replacing a Sony Grand WEGA KF-60WE610 60-Inch LCD Rear Projection that we bought almost 7 years ago :) We just put in a brand new lamp in that set. Going to sell that one.

I'll take some pictures and upload them.

Last edited:
wow 70" with 5 year warranty for 2800", awesome deal man , congrats

What a contrast. here I am looking at a 46" Sharp Aquos + Quattron but with Edge LED and only 1 year of warranty. I guess it is simply market dynamics at work. Having said that the LC46-LE830M model has exceptional PQ which is far superior to the Sony 720NX and the Samsung Smart 8000 etc.

My only concern is regarding the warranty and after sales support provided by Sharp here, illustrated especially due to the lack of any feedback on the queries regarding the same. It seems that not many on the forum have experience with this make. Anyhow, will pick it up during the upcoming festival season deal(s).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back