Shipping Electronic Parts from USA

vianand

Hello

I have a Denon AVR 1708 model that i purchased from the US , i have since returned back to India and unfortuntaley one of the parts of the system HDMI PWB is damaged. It would be too expensive to ship the whole system and i am contemplating if i should just get the part from the manufacturer and get it replaced here. Now the question is if i just ship a electronic part of Denon from the US will i have to pay any customs duty on it?

The part will cost around $300 and hope fully denon will pay for it as the system is still under warrenty

Any pointers will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Vishal

Usually any manufacturer will like to review the problem AVR before deciding on the next steps. Has Denon confirmed that they will send you the part for free?

If not, there is no recourse other than to ship the entire AVR, which might not be economically feasible.

I suggest to confirm with Denon esp. since the part is costing a good chunk of money.

Once you get to this stage, you may still end up paying taxes and customs since you did not pay it the first time when you got the AVR in. If you had documentation about paying it first, then you have an option to get some of the money reimbursed. However its a real pain in the neck to get this from our customs.

By the way, what part it is that is costing 300 bucks

Hello

I have a Denon AVR 1708 model that i purchased from the US , i have since returned back to India and unfortuntaley one of the parts of the system HDMI PWB is damaged. It would be too expensive to ship the whole system and i am contemplating if i should just get the part from the manufacturer and get it replaced here. Now the question is if i just ship a electronic part of Denon from the US will i have to pay any customs duty on it?

The part will cost around $300 and hope fully denon will pay for it as the system is still under warrenty

Any pointers will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Vishal

Thanks for the reply

I spoke to ProFx in Bangalore and explianed to them the problem i am experiencing and they told me that the problem is with the HDMI PCB board and is a known issue with this model. ProFx folks are ready to replace the part ( for a fee) as long as i can arrange it my self

I had a long talk with Denon USA and they are not ready to ship the part out of USA but willing to send it to my friends address in US and then my friend can ship it to me.

I know all the stars need to be alligned before this happens but i am willing to give it my best shot before i spend another 40K on a new receiver

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back