shopyourworld.com : Fraud Website !!!

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments.
As suggested by many of our friends here, I have put in a CHARGEBACK request for the amount to my credit card.
Also notified the fraud prevention cells of ICICI BANK , HSBC BANK and CITIT BANK of this merchant , as they were providing discounts to cardholders of the mentioned banks.
The main individuals behind the fraud site are :
Mr. Sandip Shah, linked in profile :

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sandip-shah/1a/80a/436
Mr. Jasmin Ojha , the supposed fraud manager of the site.

My request would be to the forum members , please mail to the mentioned banks using the following ids if you have been defrauded by the site :

ICICI : [email protected],[email protected]
HSBC : [email protected]
CITI : I checked up with the site but unable to find a direct fraud prevention e-mail id, if some forum member could help.

We must do out best to hinder such fraud sites from operating and cheating numerous customers.

Last edited:
Me also still waiting for a refund of 6.6K from SYW.. Order was placed on 30th Dec 2011 and cancelled on 17th feb 2012 cuz they were keep on extending the date of delivery...
Now 3 months passed after cancellation... When i checked their website, the order is now in confirmed state and I informed them abt the same... They told me u can expect a call from their team today... Its 2 weeks passed.. Till now no call from their side...

Hope that they will refund the money, or atleast deliver the item despite of my cancellation... Waiting.....

Hi krishnenduk,

The will do none of the that. The have conned of your money like mine and their purpose is solved. Stop waiting and start acting!!!

Call for a charge back on your card immediately and inform your bank as well as the others listed on the site, about this fraud site.
Also put in a complaint on the consumer grievance site about them such that the know people have stopped falling prey to their antics.

Hi krishnenduk,

The will do none of the that. The have conned of your money like mine and their purpose is solved. Stop waiting and start acting!!!

Call for a charge back on your card immediately and inform your bank as well as the others listed on the site, about this fraud site.
Also put in a complaint on the consumer grievance site about them such that the know people have stopped falling prey to their antics.

I have used netbanking for the transaction... So i cant file a chargeback i think..
Can i lodge a complaint against the bank even if i have used netbanking facility??

Yes ,

Write back to the bank or rather call up the customer service and confirm. There would be a way. And do it fast. They would never return ur money. They are a bunch of scamsters.
And please mail to the id's i have mentioned in the previous post stating that you have been defrauded. Please do that for your sake and other unsuspecting customers who might fall prey in future. They have defrauded a huge number already.

Hi All,

Success at last , received this mail from ICICI bank ,self explanatory in nature :

"Head Service Quality" <[email protected]>
To: "Sridip Banerjee" <[email protected]>
Dear Mr. Banerjee,

We refer to our earlier e-mail of May 29, 2012.

As per our telephonic conversation of June 1, 2012, we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that the transaction amount of Rs. 2,700.00 has been reversed by merchant on May 30, 2012. We request you to check and confirm us.

We have also sensitised the merchant and they assured that such lapses do not recur in future.

Further, we have made a note of your feedback and would like to assure you that all our customers are important to us and your feedback will aid us in introspection and improvements in our processes ultimately leading to further customer delight.

We affirm that ICICI Bank at all times acts with diligence, in good faith and in no manner prejudicial to the interests of its customers.

Sincerely,

R. Kiran Kumar
Office of Head Service Quality

Mates whoever have been defrauded by this site , please immediately send your details to the following id:

[email protected]

I have already updated them on the issue and they have assured ,like me all other pending claims form shopyourworld.com would be resolved at the earliest.

Let us all unite and teach this fraud site a lesson !

Please mail your issues with the site immediately.

Last edited:
That's great: congratulations.

We have also sensitised the merchant and they assured that such lapses do not recur in future.

I don't know what happens here, but in UK, I believe that a dealer is in danger of having their credit-card acceptance facility withdrawn if too many accepted complaints are made. This is obviously a serious matter for them. Let us hope they really did get "sensitised!"

Thanks Thad,

More than the money , it is the feeling of being cheated that is horrible. And these portals try to take advantage of unsuspecting customers thinking they are beyond reach/reproach !

Hi All,

I dont know why this website is not delivering on taking a customers money.

By the way my sherwood player had come through this website only.

Came perfectly in time and with no issues at all.

Are they as a online company in trouble?

Vinod

Thanks brother,

Don know seems to be some issues with the site but i found the whole experience with the site horrible. From every aspect it seemed a scam !

Hi All,

I dont know why this website is not delivering on taking a customers money.

By the way my sherwood player had come through this website only.

Came perfectly in time and with no issues at all.

Are they as a online company in trouble?

Vinod
It may be that the majority of its transactions are smooth, but a company can be judged by what happens when things do go wrong.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back