short list please???

manu4panjab

hey brothers

can you please short list best subwoofers companies available in india

and also can you guys please explain what is the meaning of daisy chain the subs

Daisy chain (electrical engineering) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Try this. Sorry about the first link. Guess I must have copied wrong...

hey bro don't be sorry :D

but brother i don't understand all those stuff in that site can you please simply tell me for example i have to use 6 subs with one av receiver that has one sub pre out how to do it someone tell me that we can connect one sub to another from previous subwoofer output either left or right is it right

and also please tell which are best sub companies available in india for 15 to 18 inch driver

Indian company,see this-

Sonodyne,Sanen,Torvin,?Pandum,Space

Others-
Wharf,Tannoy,Velodyne,Yamah etc

Last edited:

but brother i don't understand all those stuff in that site can you please simply tell me for example i have to use 6 subs with one av receiver that has one sub pre out how to do it someone tell me that we can connect one sub to another from previous subwoofer output either left or right is it right

and also please tell which are best sub companies available in india for 15 to 18 inch driver

I know that you are trying to achieve the maximum, clean bass. I say, save the money and buy a good 12-15 inch sub that is good. Once you tune it and listen for a few month try to add a second one and see how you really like it. Don't try daisy chaining or other esoteric stuff without the requisite knowledge on calibration, tuning requiring investigating and resolving the wave peaks and troughs.

Daisy chaining is very hard and needs to be understood very, very well including the side effects esp when you have to tune them.

Imaging getting all the subs in phase, when they are at different locations at different distances.It spells nightmare

Manu bhai!!

Now we all understand that your are a base freak!! And, good to see your are working hard to achieve the same. But, 'brother', you really need to calm down, seriously. Baby steps, you know. I agree with Marsilians. Buy, one sub at a time. Also, buy good qulaity ones. Synchronizing all the subs could be tricky. Plus, I am not sure if you shall get the same impact when you split the sub-preout so many times.

I suggest you should buy a SPL meter first ( If u don't already own one). Then just buy good subs one at a time and take it from there.
I can suggest you two manufacturers that sell in India: PSB and Definitive Technology.

From PSB sub 6i is awesome.
Try the super cubes I,II or III from def tech.
Both are sold by Lakozy, mumbai.

Cheers!

Sumit

Well it just means one sub is connected to the next sub and so on in serial. I've not seen it myself and really have no idea how it will work though. In fact I don't know anyone personally or seen anyone personally who even uses 2 subs. I've a friend with a Hsu but it seems you're bent on beating him too in terms of bass. But honestly you are better off investing megabucks on a Hsu or something like that instead of wasting money on multiple subs. Firstly though look to investing on a good AVR. I will recommend Yamaha 863, that will keep you happy for a long while. Or else look at the higher end Onkyo models too. They will serve you better than upgrading the speakers and subs.

Spend wisely but on great products. Even if they are expensive its ok and worth it as long as they are good. I bought only two speakers for music but they cost me Rs. 80,000 but they are just unbeatable. You just cannot touch them using multiple speakers and what not. If you're looking for great SQ lots of great people on this forum will recommend great speakers, subs and amps that will satisfy anyone. This is not a trial and error business brother. You just cannot keep trying out and upgrading for better sound. It will never work that way. I spent Rs. 80,000 on two speakers, but I did research and read reviews for like 3-4 months nearly before deciding on them. Now I can say I have one of the best music setups. It cost me more than Rs. 1 lac all things considered but the sound is just unbeatable.

The way you are going my bother the only one who is going to be happy will be the dealer/seller who will keep selling you new products at full price and then taking your old products at half price. You are not going to be happy though.

Manu:

Daisy chaining is a general term that means that you connect multiple products using each product as an input and an output device.

The first product in the chain takes input, say, from an amplifier. In addition to using the input itself, the product will also have an output that can be connected to the next product. The second product will use input from the first product, and crate an output for the third product. And so on.

The term itself was formed originally from a garland of daisy flowers where the flowers where strung together in a chain.

For you to daisy chain a series of subs, you need subs that can take an LFE in, and also have a LFE 'out'. If even a single sub in the chain lacks a LEF Out, your chain is broken.

Another way of managing this is to use a Bass Manager that is available from various companies. These Bass Managers act as pre amplifiers for the sub, will take a single input from an amp, and give you as many pre amplified LFE outputs as you need.

Cheers

...please tell which are best sub companies available in india for 15 to 18 inch driver

Manu,

May be I don't understand your obsession with bass and that is why I probably fail to relate to these number of subs you are after. For all you know, what is needed is a few days of patient crawling on the room with a SPL meter and some test tones/tracks calibrating the existing subs.

Why do you need all these subs? imho all you are doing is filling the room with lot of quantity decibels and very little - much desperately needed - quality! May be later one is the answer to why you want these subs in the first place. With what ever limited experience I have, lemme again tell you the one single fact that other well experienced members in this forum have been repeating all this while. Please do not waste your money in getting more of these mediocre wooden boxes that some pass off as subs.

A good sub, may it be from the best like REL/Velodyne/Sunfire or from the relatively newer guys like SVS or BK, will give you clean, tight and deep bass. These may initially look expensive but let me assure you that one of these puppies will be an excellent HT investment for years to come.

If I were you, first I would stop letting the lucky dealer take me for this long ride, save up, sell my current subs and eventually pick up a used or new Velodyne DD18 as per my affordability - and yes, the 18 stands for the size of the driver.

Below are few contacts I dug out from the net. Reach out to them, find out more and make an informed decision. Its your hard earned money, spend it wisely.

Velodyne
Acoustic Arts Pvt. Ltd.
E-385 Greater Kailash-II
New Delhi 110048 India
Tel: 91 11 416 03949
Fax: 91 11 416 00335
Email: [email protected]

REL
The Audio People
#88, Anmol Palani, G.N. CHETTY ROAD
T. Nagar CHENNAI, 600017. Tamilnadu INDIA
Phone + 91 445 215 999
Fax + 91 445 215 899
Email [email protected]
Web Welcome to The Audio People : Chennai Premiere high - end hi-fi Shop

Definitive Technology
Audio Excellence
B-64, Orchid Tower,
Near Yamuna Nagar,
Off Link Road,
Andheri (W),
Mumbai 400053
India
Tel : +91-22-65010877
Fax : +91-22-66925007
Cell : +91-9820186108
[email protected]

BK Electronics
Unit 1, Comet Way, Southend-On-Sea, Essex. SS2 6TR
Telephone: +44 (0)1702 527572 Fax: +44 (0)1702 420243

JL Audio

[email protected]

SVS
Call: (703) 845-1472
Toll Free (877) 626-5623
E-mail: [email protected]

At the risk of sounding oxymoronic amidst all this bass chaos, it all boils down to what you like! If its the 4 or 6 subs that would make you happy and go for it bro.

Cheers.

Manu paji! i've explained the daisy chain in your earlier thread. sorry for not doing it earlier.

I guess your confusion must be clear by now.
I would also agree that you take it one sub at a time & if you want multiple sub get an expreinced installer.

I've heard the velodyne dd18 nos of times & it's def a class act.
You should def audition it.
But is arnd 2Lac a pop.
All the best
Cheers

hey all my brothers

thanks for all your reply i really really appreciate your help bro's

i definetly try out demos first and sell previous subs and buy one at atime a good sub from good company :cool:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back